Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POR 15 - I've got religion now...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Anyone ever POR 15'd their engine tin? How about heater ducting (flapper boxes, etc)? I know an alternative is to powder coat it and that may be the route but the POR 15 is glossy and I'd be just as happy w/that finish...

Thoughts, experience, opinions?

-pt
Brando
Just remember to POR15 them separately -- not when they're all assembled on the engine, otherwise you'll never get them apart laugh.gif
swl
That's what I have in mind too. I've done the ECU mounting pieces and the stuff seems really tuff. Don't know how hot the tin gets but I wouldn't expect it to need high temp formula.
tod914
I think they have high temp POR. Check their website. BTW, aircraft stripper removes POR quite well if needed.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 27 2006, 02:51 PM) *

I think they have high temp POR. Check their website. BTW, aircraft stripper removes POR quite well if needed.

Is there anything that aircraft stripper does not remove?

Zach
Brando
Clingy Ex-Girlfriends?
nycchef
according to thier website. por15 can withstand extended temps up to 600 degrees f. that being said how hot do our heat exchangers get?
jd74914
much hotter than that
tod914
QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 27 2006, 04:09 PM) *

Clingy Ex-Girlfriends?

In that case get a stripper by the airport
JPB
Sorry bro, Por15 is EXTREMELY flamable when cured! It is expensive and is great for what it is intended for. Wanna realy dazzel the girls and have a perpetual amount of steeel which will hold it's value even after you are gone, get it ceramic coated!! This stuff can be beat up till it is in a round ball and thrown away in the backyard it still won't rust. It can be chrome finish or dull like aluminium. Its not to expensive and well worth the cost.

beer.gif Once I did my exhaust, I have never turned back!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.