Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pressure sensor : Anybody sell that connector ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsteele22

I've got a '76 2.0 and I'm having problems with the connection to the pressure sensor. The harness side of the connector has four female contacts in a white plastic housing, and one of the contacts won't stay put - it just slips out and comes loose, causing a No Start/No Run condition. Had to coast over to the side of the road while heading down Ute Pass yesterday to press it back in.

Q : Is this a standard connector ?

Q : Anybody know who sells it ?

Q: Anybody ever try to epoxy something like this into place ? (I'm worried that it's be to hard to get really clean...)

Dave_Darling
DO NOT EPOXY! If you do, you'll never ever ever get it out of there again...

The metal contact is a 3mm barbed female spade connector. I believe that one of the Wurth assortments has these in it, so talk to your local Porsche mechanic (if you have any local that is!) and see if he'll dig one out and sell it to you. You'll need to crimp it on with a quality crimper, so it might be easier just to talk to the mechanic and have him do the whole replacement. Who knows, he might be willing to do it for a beer?

Versions of those connectors were also available through Beck-Arnley at one point. They were 1/8" instead of 3mm, so they did not fit perfectly but they did fit. Someone also posted a link to a Volvo parts place that carries at least some D-jet parts; they may have the metal connectors too.

--DD
bd1308
BA still carries those parts.

If you want, I can pull one off of a junk harness and ship it out to you.

just pm me your addy and i'll get it out when I have time (very busy lately sad.gif )

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.