Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs wheels + tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Ok, we are finally upgrading from the stock steel wheels to the 2.0 fuchs, and all we need now are tires and lug bolts. I am sure this has been asked a million times, but the search came up with about a million results, and almost nothing about what I wanted. Whats up with that? So, I need to know what tires sizes I can use. What is the widest tires I can put on 2.0 fuchs with stock fenders? 195's ?? What have you guys used, and what brands are perfered? Thanks, Barry Fuller locust.gif
Aaron Cox
2.0 fuchs - 5.5" wide...

seen 205's put on em (look like a giant balloon)

i would say stick with 195's on a 5.5" rim. the sidewall looks better and i doubt you can feel the lack of the xtra 1cm of width that a 205 gave you

for a high performance street tire, i like my yoko ES100's ( i have 205/50 on 7's and 225/50 on 8's)
Mueller
a 195/55 is a good choice....other popular sizes are 205/50's, 195/50's, 195/60's

ditto on the Yoko's....

Brando
195/60s or 195/65s. 205s might work with a little fender rubbing. But 195/60s would be good for street/highway. I ran 195/65s before changing over to 195/55s for street/AX.Tires would be Yoko ES100s (agree.gif with Aaron), Falkens, or Fuzions if you're a CSOB like me (good for street, maybe OK for auto-x).
grasshopper
Yeah, we are looking for some high performance street tires to handle the power of our sick 1.8 chairfall.gif It sounds like 195/50 is the best right now. I will look into the yoko's.
tod914
The tirerack has reviews on the tires I believe, or did when I purchased mine. Check that out when you get a chance. Should help you narrow down your choices.
Aaron Cox
195/50 is SHORT....

looka t a 195/55 to keep you up to speed on the highway...
IronHillRestorations
I have a set of four Yoko AVS in 195/60 15". This is one of my favorite tires in one of my favorite sizes. PM me if you are interested.
Brando
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 27 2006, 11:34 AM) *
195/50 is SHORT....

Now you see why I keep the tach between 3600 and 4000 to stay with highway traffic laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. 205's can fit with some cars... most do not though. If they do then someone has probably pulled the fenders at one time. When I say pulled, you can do a surprising amount of fender pulling by grabbing the fender wheel arch and pulling.

When I tried 205's they rubbed on the passengers side and not the drivers side. 195's are the way to go. I like the 55 or 60's as well.
Aaron Cox
i may be alone here... but a 205 belongs ona 7" rim, and a 195 belongs on a 6" rim....

stretchinga 205 onto a 5.5" rim is kinda counter intuitive, yes your contact patch is larger, but your sidewalls arent going to be as stiff as they were if mounted on a wider rim where they are designed to be vertical.... so the extra width isnt doing anything for you

so stretch to your hearts conten, but its wasted effort....
Eric_Shea
No... I think you're spot on there. I forgot young weedhopper was talking about the -4 Fuchs. I had 205/60-15's on my 911 Fuchs. Almost perfect for the speedo but they had a vintage look to them...

I think I ended up with 195/55-15's on the same rims when I sold the car to Jim. He should recall as he hated them and promptly replaced them. I only drove around town with them so they were good for me. Get them out on the highway and you're buzzing like a bee.
Aaron Cox
oh great, the pink shirt guy agrees with me. there goes my credibility LOL
chairfall.gif poke.gif

its all good
JoeSharp
Barry: I've been putting 205 50's on everything and I love them, I just put 205 50 16 on Beauty and they were really good up to Napa and back.
Joe Sharp
Spoke
205-50-15 Azenis on the steely
195-55-15 Yokos on the fake Fuch

Both look good; both have been on the 71 and 74 without rubbing. The Azenis looks more racy since it is a bit
wider. Gives the car a nice look from the rear.

The Azenis has a ledge around the rim which doesn't make the tire bulge out as much as one would think.

Spoke
grasshopper
soo...I have a nice set of 205/60's yoko's out in the garage that came with another car. I dont think these tires have ever been used, except to roll the car around on....should I just go ahead and have these mounted on the fuchs, and see if they fit, or just go ahead and 195's?
Eric_Shea
Try it... I've seen 50's fit but not 60's. Don't know exactly why but sidewall has something to do with it. 205/60-15's would not work on my 914-6 with 15x6 wheels.
Spoke
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Aug 27 2006, 06:47 PM) *

soo...I have a nice set of 205/60's yoko's out in the garage that came with another car.

Are the Yoko's on 914 rims or just loose? If they are on 914 rims, give them a try. You could try 1 of the Yoko's on a Fuch and check for fitment. If they don't fit, you're only out a couple of bucks. If it fits, go back and get the other 3 done.

Spoke
p914
Be careful about buying lugs. There are several people out there with chrome lugs that claim they fit 914s and are not the correct ones. They may fit but do not snug properly in the insets on the Fuch wheel. Only buy the real deals for a safe correct fit.
cantley914
Barry,

I have an extra set of lug bolts for fuchs (the original ones)
PM me if interested.

Steph

smile.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif flag.gif
Eric_Shea
Phun Phacts...

I may have had a problem with the 205's as I was putting them on a 914-6. They have a slightly wider track than a 914-4.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 31 2006, 03:34 PM) *

Phun Phacts...

I may have had a problem with the 205's as I was putting them on a 914-6. They have a slightly wider track than a 914-4.

really?
Joe Bob
Stay away from that jerkoff selling lugnuts on eBay..."THE ANDANTE".....he would have to improve his attitude to be just an asshole.
Joe Bob
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Oh yeah....Yoko ES100 195/60s.....
Aaron Cox
i told ya you would like them yokos!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.