Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Anybody got any gud lies?
Brad Roberts
I installed a new phone line at the shop tonight.

415-884-9146

B
Brad Roberts
I'm looking for 100k to start a full tilt Porsche restoration shop/parts place (ala Parts Obsolete)

I was notified tonight that I would be given a paint booth that was recently restored/gone thru.

B
Brad Roberts
Lyressa likes me.

I enjoy working on 914's.

B
Brad Roberts
I almost forgot to add the lies..

B
J P Stein
I've been whacking away at my grape vine for 2 days. There's a phone line running thru it....what a coincinence!
J P Stein
If I had a 100k I'd invest it with you.....but I'd be there so's you have adult supervision.
Brad Roberts
This is grape picking time here. The sugar content peaked 2 weeks ago which signals the picking season.. very busy around Napa valley the last 3 weeks.

B
Brad Roberts
Trust me.. I need supervision (and I know it) I think MarkD is going to work out well at the shop. We should make some money within the next 6 months or so. He is fairly quick and doesnt have 20 people calling him/stopping by to "chat" with him.

B
J P Stein
I've been picking grapes cause I don't wanna run em' thru my chipper. Must be 100 lbs of em'. The birds clean up the mess.
J P Stein
Where is all this gonna happen?.....not in the high rent of Navato, I trust.
Rouser
Gud lies? Let's see ... I'm stuck in Bowling Green, Korntucky for a few weeks (make that 7) on a USPS project, so I went to the Corvette Museum today ...
Rouser
No really! I did go, no lie ... took a whole mess of pics:
J P Stein
A gynocologist (sp?) totaled out his Zought6 at the last PCA track day....on the main straight......think he lost it in turn 12, hit the outside wall....then really nailed the inside wall....A fine mess.
Brad Roberts
I will stay up here or move back down south. We like it up here and its not too far away for people to travel north. Its pretty cheap down south of me right now.. we will see what happens late in Dec. when the current lease is up.

B
McMark
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 25 2003, 12:07 AM)
Trust me.. I need supervision (and I know it) I think MarkD is going to work out well at the shop. We should make some money within the next 6 months or so. He is fairly quick and doesnt have 20 people calling him/stopping by to "chat" with him.

B

Fairly quick? Uh, oh. Looks like I need to work harder! biggrin.gif Damn, and I thought I was perfect.
ChrisReale
I dont know about that Mark D guy. Didnt he take a pic of himself sprawled across his 914 like Fabio? laugh.gif
I am painting my engine bay now. I got the job in San Fran, so I will prolly be in the area within the month... smilie_pokal.gif
maf914
Brad,

Since you're spreading lies...Any developements on the Daytona Sportscar front? I read on DailySportsCar.com that Crawford has four cars under construction, with more to follow. It made me think of the Ferrari engined project you talked about earlier.

Any chance that you'll be with a team at the 24 Hrs?

Mike
DNHunt
Saturday morning way too early. Anyone got any gud lies

Dave
TheCabinetmaker
how about;
I woke up with four naked playmates this morning? laugh.gif
seanery
here's a good one.

"I have a full head of hair! laugh.gif "
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm... guess I'll let the cat outta da bag rolleyes.gif
JP & Brad will be here in 15 minutes to install my 2.0 with 911 suspension upgrades and ..... and....
crap cool_shades.gif can't think of any more lies.........
bruce
McMark
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Oct 25 2003, 02:48 AM)
I dont know about that Mark D guy. Didnt he take a pic of himself sprawled across his 914 like Fabio? laugh.gif
I am painting my engine bay now. I got the job in San Fran, so I will prolly be in the area within the month... smilie_pokal.gif

Don't be jealous. lol2.gif I'm just too sexy, that's all. If I had taken that picture now, with my long curly, sexy, beautiful hair you'd all have to make sure that none of your wives, sisters, daughters, or mothers saw that picture or they'd move straight to California! happy11.gif
McMark
Oh, yeah, I also stayed up late installing my new subwoofer box in the rear trunk. It's bangin' now!
ChrisReale
Geez, I had Mesa gear for my guitars. They are loud and never blew up
redshift
I furred my dash, now I only need 380 more otters, and the front end is done.

M
McMark
Yeah, I had to take the rear trunk lid off because the bass kept popping it open. Now I'm worried that I'm going to have to get stiffer springs in the rear to handle the increased load and vibration.
redshift
I wish I had a picture of a 914 loaded for a gig.

I get a 4x12, a head, 3 guitars, (one is a doubleneck, one is almost as big) and a bag full of little crap in there.

M
TheCabinetmaker
How the hell do you get all that stuff in a 914? I have to put my 12 string dreadnought in the passenger seat, and strap it in with the seat belt. Makes it hard to take a date with you.
redshift
rolleyes.gif

Passenger seat all the way back and flat, no console, head goes in the floor at an angle, cabinet in the seat, strat between me and the cabinet, bag shoved in space above and behind head ( idea.gif kind of) 2 big assed flat cases in the rear trunk, and it fits just like it was made for it. (if your trunk is warped a little) blink.gif

Now, you can't go far with a guitar in the trunk, wood under tension, and natural glue. I'd hate to open the case ohmy.gif and mad.gif find 18 strings in a jumble, and two clubs smash.gif to beat the car with.

M
TheCabinetmaker
I wouldn' put my tak accoustic in the trunk even if it would fit, and it won't.
Charles Deutsch
The gene map of man's best friend shows dogs are closely related to people ...
McMark
My aunt's brother's cousin's dad's best friend is a dog.
lol2.gif
Brad Roberts
Mike (from Georgia)...

One of the key players in the "team" has been offered a job with Alex Job to run ALMS (not Randy or David)

He signed a 1 year contract with Job. The plan is still on.. just not much being done on it right now.

Right this minute I'm trying to keep myself fed and clothed with shop work. I handed over all the paperwork I could generate for potential sponsors and the such a few weeks back. We do have a sponsor meeting in Nov. Several dealerships are interested in putting "something" together.

Sorry I couldnt make it happen overnight. If I could devote all my time to it and get paid.. it would be different. But getting paid "after" you put in all the work to drum up the money (could be months) sucks. I already went down a path of working for free for almost 2 years and it bit me in the ass. I cant do it back to back.

B
maf914
Thanks, Brad. I was just curious. I realize pro racing is all dollars in the end.

Hang in there.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.