Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Flow numbers for stock heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I'm playing with a new program and need the flow numbers for the stock 1.7, 1.8 and 2.0L heads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

b.
HAM Inc
The 1.7's intakes flow around 155CFM @ .500"lift and 28" of vaccum. The ex.around 96CFM. Average flow for the two ports is around 112 and 78.

The 1.8's intakes flow around 161CFM @ .500"lift, the exhaust around 110.
Average flow for the two ports is around 112 and 85.

The 2.0 914 heads intakes flow around 177 @ .500"lift, the exhaust around 135. The average flow for the two ports is around 132 and 99.

Aside from the increased flow, the 2.0 914 heads also benefit greatly from the improved sparkplug angle, to the tune of 10-12% more torgue than an engine equipped with heads offering the same port shapes and the same flow values, but with the side plug angle of the 1.7's and 1.8's.

1.8 ports can be improved to the 2.0 specs without a whole lot of trouble, but the plug angle is still an issue. Ofcourse that too can be moved.

1.7 intake ports can not be easily improved to 2.0 port specs, though the ex. ports can. That makes these heads good candidates for turbo engines, though the plugs should (IMHO) be relocated to the 2.0 914 postion, for more torque and reliability.
McMark
BAM!!

Thanks LEN!! smiley_notworthy.gif

You must have that saved somewhere for easy posting. wink.gif
brer
you're the man. smile.gif
thanks for the chat.

Jake Raby
Watch those programs. I see people all the time that make HUGE mistakes when allowing software to do all their thinking.

I use programs as well, but have only found one that gives accurate results, it even has its drawbacks- but is very accurate.
brer
Thanks for the warning.
Its more for educational purposes really.

When I want to build a big engine i'll go for a proven recipe.
Mueller
I'm sure Jake has seen this site.....

cylinder head flow numbers, Chevy, VW, Subaru, plus tons of other makes and models...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.