Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another auto-x
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mskala
Another autocross saturday, lost FTD by 0.076 seconds to the
usual 993TT headbang.gif even though it was definitely a 914
course this time.

NCRPCA AX 914-6 08/26 14Mb MPEG-1
Here's the video, front wide-angle and view of driver, plus 2-axis accelerometer.

Fun part was on 90 degree right turn. I was getting understeer until I downshifted
and let the clutch out in the middle of the turn, then there was no trouble rotating.
smile.gif
J P Stein
Always a pleasure to watch one of your vids, Mark......of course I'm jealous of your venue.....lookit all that asphalt. biggrin.gif

I kinda gave up on doing any videotaping on our venues as the camera bounces so much it shuts off. Packwood is up next month and it's fairly smooth so I may give that a shot.
mskala
Thanks,
I probably would have lost by 4 more seconds if it wasn't for the hot shoe
in the ESP eagle talon breaking down early in the day.

If you have stiff springs you probably need a bullet cam to avoid the
vibration. Then you can soft-mount the recorder. I seem to be okay
though with the dig tape camcorder screwed down near the heater lever.
Joe Ricard
I was watching your video and was wondering how long you stay in 2nd gear. Would it not be faster if you snagged 3rd and used some more torgue to accelerate more?

I was timing my runs between certain sections of Sundays runs. I compared my run with one of Charles runs. He was quicker through the sweeper in 2nd but I was quicker from one cone to the far end of the curvy straight section. he was in 2nd and I was in 3rd.

didn't sound as cool but 4K rpm in 3rd is pullin pretty hard

So after analysis we figured there was 2 whole seconds left in the car if we could both drive the car at the same time.

Hmm maybe not.

Charles has to teach some ofthat smooth ass Heal toe stuff too. Damn nice job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.