Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gone for two Weeks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'm on my way to LA.
Teaching a buddy to weld then helping a friend move to Park City, UT.

No internet, so no 914club sad.gif

Se y'all in a couple weeks!
TheCabinetmaker
Have a great trip Sean. Stop in Tulsa on your way back and teach me to weld too. laugh.gif

Curt
seanery
this is a birdy type trip.

no driving, and no wheels (except for the moving truck!)
GWN7
Just read that U-Haul is charging $1,100 for a truck to move from LA to Vegas and only $140 to go the other way (West). Seems a lot of people are heading East these days.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Probably All those Earth Quakes, do you think?
Or maybe they want all the snow, ice, and slush????? What do you thinkGWN. smilie_flagge6.gif

Dave laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
redshift
Is Sean gone?

Let's talk about him.

M
seanery
What a trip!

We fit about 20' of stuff in a 17' UHaul, Penske dropped the ball on a confirmed reservation! I'm sure the truck was easily 3k pounds overweight when we were all loaded. It was scary, too. The trucks brakes sucked!! They could be pumped up but would soften as they were pushed. The M/C was full, so there must have been a leak in the power booster. Also, as the truck drove down the road it would rock from side to side, slowly first then faster, until it was slowed to 55 mph. I was terrified during a couple of mountain passes. I thought it was gonna roll itself over. ohmy.gif

We left LA about 7pm and rolled into SLC about 9am. Well, it started snowing as we pulled onto I 215. We spent a couple hours in Sandy then headed up to Park City (Jeremy Ranch actually). By the time we got up the 80 to JR the roads were treachorous. Even (over)loaded the tires would spin if I stopped or slowed too much going up the hills. I couldn't see the road and didn't know my exit. My friend kept driving for fear she would get stuck. Luckily, her sister passed me and honked and waved and took me to the proper exit where my friend was waiting. It continued to snow up there for 5 consecutive days. She had over 14" of snow already.

Anyway, after a lot of running around looking for just the right gas fittings to get her drier hooked up and 2 refrigerators that didn't work when delivered, we finally got all of the big items up and running correctly and then we were able to spend some time in Park City. It's a cool little town and there is a fun pub there called "The No Name Saloon." I recommend it if you are up that way. They serve buffalo burgers there (75% less fat than beef and less cholesterol than skinned chicken). I had a bar-b-q buffalo burger and liked it quite well. My friend wasn't so thrilled with her mushroom swiss buffalo burger. We had some local brew (Provo Girl) and window shopped the local merchants.

I got home late last night and am glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed. smile.gif
Now, I've got to get back on the diet (gained only a pound, whew!) and on East Coast time.
ChrisReale
welcome back Sean. Thanks for the hat, I love it
seanery
Thanks Chris!

I'm glad you like it!
We'll have to do more, I really like the Zephyr Co. and their hats!
Maybe next time we'll do something kinda wild!!
redshift
Good to see you back safe, sounds like a fun trip.

I love the mountains, and the cold. I wish it snowed here.

M
seanery
9 degrees Thursday night! Way too cold!!!!
I gotta say it was beautiful though!

I wish I'd taken more pics.
kafermeister
Welcome back Sean. Glad you made it without any permanent damage. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.