Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name that throwout bearing ? Need help ID-ing it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
Hi
Decided to do something about my slightly noisy throwout bearing. After prying for 2 hours trying to seperate the motor from the transaxle, I unbolted the release bearing arm and Viola, she seperated. Yes it is a puller type. Maybe a early 901 bearing ? It is a Sachs. Tomorrow I will try to look for a part #. It has been in there since 1993 . Can anyone ID it ? Thanks Bob

PS Many thanks to Andy for getting us back online !!!!!!!!!!!
v82go
Click to view attachmentthe jpg
byndbad914
are you sure you have a 901 trans? I didn't think there were any pull-style 901s. 915s and 930s are pull style. if you hvae a 5spd, maybe you have a 915 confused24.gif would be better if you did!
v82go
Click to view attachment Yep it is a 901 type (4 speed, 1st removed)
can not get my picture to load ?
byndbad914
would be intersting to see how they converted the clutch fork, or did they just swap the cable to the front? I would guess it is a Kennedy clutch - maybe they would know what is up with that. Like someone squeezed a 915 clutch assy into a 901
TimT
That could be a t/o bearing from a pull type 901 (the 70-71 type 911 box)

One of the cool and frustrating tings about these cars is that you can mix and match lot of combinations of parts. Which can be a pain in the coconuts to figure out.

for example my 914 has a 3.2 with a 915 flywheel and Sachs 915 RSR sports clutch. This is a pull clutch
TimT
converting the clutch for is pretty easy. You have to relocate the fulcrum, and modify the case a bit for clearance.

Easy peasy

this is one of my spare boxes

v82go
I emailed Kennedy pics, they informed me it was not one of theirs, Brett @ Kennedy sez it looks like a 915 PP with a early 901 (pull type) bearing. The PP is marked 225 mm. Hopefully I will see some #'s on the bearing tomorrow.
Thanks Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.