Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pakis
I am in the process of installing AC on my wife's 914 and have run into a stumbling block. I got the custom system at AA who ordered it from European Cooler Air and everything has fit where it is supposed to until I tried to mount the under dash evaporator unit. I believe that it is too wide. I had to remove the ps speaker box and the heater tube and once I actually mount the unit the speaker and tube will not go back in place. Does anyone know how wide the unit is supposed to be from passanger side to driver side. My unit actually overhangs the dash on either side. Any help on this would be great (pictures if you have one of these units installed would be great.) Oh and by the way I would call J West but he doesn't seem to be around these days. Maybe on vacation or something.
D1A3
I checked the VPC install instructions and the following pic is shown. It looks to me that the under dash unit shoudlrun the length of the lower dash pad.

Click to view attachment

--Jason
draperjojo
I must have the other series, DPD? The evaporator measures 34-1/2" long. Check out http://www.hotrodair.com/pg2a.cfm That one looks very much like the one I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.