Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: retrieving the sticker interest thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i wish i had'nt deleted it. is it floating around in the system somewhere. if it could be pulled up i would appreciate it. i want to look at some names.

kevin

edit. interesting. there are some people who use the board as a platform to market their items in the parts, products,... forum, can't be bothered finger.gif. there are other small vendors that don't use that forum that ASKED for some. go figure.

edit. NOT TO MENTION MANY WHO SELL IN THE CLASSIFIEDS REGULARLY finger.gif finger.gif. CHEESY BASTARDS. THOSE AREN'T TONGUE- IN- CHEECK SMILEY'S.
Rusty
Once it's deleted, it's gone.

interesting. there are some people who use the board as a platform to market their items in the parts, products,... forum, can't be bothered . there are other small vendors that don't use that forum that ASKED for some. go figure.

edit. NOT TO MENTION MANY WHO SELL IN THE CLASSIFIEDS REGULARLY  . CHEESY BASTARDS.

What in the hell are you talking about?
rhodyguy
lawrence, you miss a bit due to your situation. when i did the interest thread, there were enough "hands raised" to get the outlay back. i took people at their word and took the plunge. today, after i help dave hunt drop his engine, i'm going to have chump/sucker tatooed backwards on my forehead. that way i will remember every am.
there would have been a post of shame. there are a # of threads relating to the issue, some of them long.

kevin

kevin
Rusty
True, Kevin... I do miss a lot.

However, my name would probably be on that Post of Shame. I meant to send you a SASE when I shipped out the shirts. My bad.

I thought you were saying there were people abusing the classifieds. There are two areas I watch at least once a day: Classifieds and Pending User Registrations.
Rusty
P.S. If you remember specific names - post them. Put mine at the top of the list. It doesn't matter if you don't remember them all, do the ones you can.
d914
while a little late mine is on the way and I doubled my oder, not much 2 to 4. Travel schedule and all that. sorry for the delay. went out monday or tuesday.
Qarl
Perhaps Andy or Brad could check the backups.

I recall a backup supposedly being made a month or so ago... maybe longer... my timeframe reference are all screwed up since Hunter has been in the hospital.
rhodyguy
karl, i hope hunter has turned the corner and is doing better. if a back up was made, then the interest thread would be there. it would have been early sept or late aug. snafu with my paypal account. your check for $19 went yest. is there a simple, as in not wrecking, way to open up the fogs? it will be nice to clean the inside of the lenses and the reflectors. what's the status of your car and the new palace? on the mend?

kevin
Qarl
Hunter is hanging in there. He is still very sick. The big issues are his operative site, infection, kidney issues, and seizure issues. Realistically another week or so until we can consider coming home.

He IS able to get all of his formula through his feeding tube again, but there is concern that it is leaking into his abdominal cavity again.

My car is on hold (onviously). I did manage to get a new wiring harness (long story). The suspension is sitting in various bits and pieces in my house and at the mechanic's shop (bearings pressed in).

House is coming along... http://www.my914-6.com/house

As far as the fog lights.... there is a screw on the back near the bracket that releases a small metal tab, that allows you to split the housing apart (very easy).

The reflector and lens assembly is held in place via five (I think it's five or six) thin metal bar springs that "clamp" the reflector/lens subassembly to the front half of the housing. Take a flathead screwdriver (or better yet, something with a notch in it). WEAR EYE PROTECTION. and pop those little springs out.

WARNING!!!! They tend to want to fly out and pop you in the eye!

After they are removed, the lens/reflector assembly comes out and you can clean up your lens and install the new seals.
rhodyguy
thanks. i wear eye protection from the time i wake up until i go to sleep. damn bifocals.

kevin
Brad Roberts
I wont even ASK why you deleted the thread. Yes we have backups. The problem is: I have to "install" that backup on a running version of this BBS on some other computer and look thru the threads. I cant install it here. The backups are done for complete failure of the system...not... "I deleted my thread" cases.

How many do you have left over ?? I need a number. Not how many where ordered ...not how many where promised.. Just the amount sitting in your kitchen.

More and more people are learning quickly WHY I dont let everyone with an "idea for product" JUMP. Most are not prepared for what it takes.

I personally dont like the stickers. I cant put ANY of them on anything I own. 99% of all factory vehicles sold nowadays has TINTED rear glass. This means I'm limited to installing stickers on the ONE 914 we drive.

B
rhodyguy
even tho you did'nt ask i'll tell you. it was mudding the waters. the how to get was just above it. people were replieing to the interest thread asking how to get them:blink: . i still get emails asking "how do i get them" don't worry about it brad (the interst thread). i was going to send one to you and andy as a small token for all your hard work keeping this thing up and running. with all your other responsibilities and matters you have taken on, i took the initiative and did this one my own. i'll live with my portion/stupidity of the sticker deal. it's just that when there was interest to move 200+ and the deal goes flat i can't help it, or getting stired up once in a while. bottom line it's not the money, it's the people. this thing will die a quiet death and i'll stop the harranging. it's my gig. it seems all these deals turn into nightmares for those handling them, and the good minded people stepping up, get in the ass with so much as a kiss.

kevin
Brad Roberts
If it helps any.. several people have used lube when sticking it to us..LOL

We need to get the names of the people who wanted stickers.

Run them on Ebay..

Post them in the classifieds for a year...

B
rhodyguy
i'll store them in the ashley. they will be safe until it gets too cold to work in the garage. the $6 hammer just fell. post marks after 10/27 pay a premium.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.