Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with steering column clip thingy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CHAFF

Ok so let me get this straight...no one has ever seen this clip thing before in the steering column?

-L

Howdy everyone, good to see the site up again:

Anyone recognize this piece and maybe have a breakdown of where it should go....kinda fell out when I took everything apart to rebuild. I think it came out of the area marked in yellow

Cheers
-L
CHAFF
icon_bump.gif
TINCAN914
Had the same problem a few weeks ago.. It's just an extra piece the factory puts in to F*** with your mind.. headbang.gif I still have it sitting on my bench.... Sorry I wish I could help you out. smile.gif
bd1308
I like how after a engine swap I always end up with a few nuts and bolts left over...then you have to do everything again lol

blink.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 7 2006, 05:53 AM) *

I like how after a engine swap I always end up with a few nuts and bolts left over...then you have to do everything again lol

blink.gif

No car manufacturers always have more hardware then you need. See they know eventually your going to try and fix somthing, and that your going to have a handfull of parts when it's all done. They just want to make sure there is plenty there to cover for our inability to to pu all the bolts, in all the holes... smile.gif
CHAFF
it kinda looks like a grounding clip but I can't find anywhere - where it would fit nicely....we'll see anyway what doesn't work when I try to hookup all the wires again.

-L
mike_the_man
Hey Luis,

I have no idea where that piece came from, but if you need a hand getting it back together, give me a call or MSN me. We still need to go for a cruise before the snow flies.

Cheers,
CHAFF
Man, I'm working my ass off trying to get everything done...pedal cluster, steering column, and master cyl.....we'll see if I get done b4 winter.

Cheers bro...

QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Sep 7 2006, 09:10 AM) *

Hey Luis,

I have no idea where that piece came from, but if you need a hand getting it back together, give me a call or MSN me. We still need to go for a cruise before the snow flies.

Cheers,

2-OH!
Looks like the piece that fits inside the turn siginal relay to me...

Just a guess tho...

2-OH!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.