Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daytona Prototype race at Infineon last weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
I went up to sonoma for the Grand Am and IRL race last weekend. I didnt have to work the race, so I just walked around and took some pictures. If anyone watched it on TV, the Alex Job Daytona Prototype caught fire in the pits. Well, I happend to be in the AJR pits when this happened with my camera out, so I got some good before and after pictures. The Alex Job DP did finish the race. And yes, I was on TV...

enjoy!

Here is the car going into its pit stop.

Click to view attachment

and the suspect fueler

Click to view attachment

this is the actual fire. its tough to see with the smoke and light, but you can use your imagination.

Click to view attachment

here is one picture of the aftermath

Click to view attachment

and the other

Click to view attachment
MattR
Here are a couple of pictures from the race itself:

Turn 7... the DPs are going 3 wide toward the beginning of the race

Click to view attachment

Turn 11, right before the pits a DP is overtaking a GT class car.

Click to view attachment
nebreitling
dude, should have called me/other norcal folk!

IRL wasn't so exciting, but GrandAm was a pretty good race.
MattR
I didnt stay for the IRL race. They dont let you in the cold side of the pits with just a grand am pass, so I decided to tour berkely instead. I saw a blue 914 in the porsche coral with white stripes. I know ive seen it before...
Aaron Cox
too cool matt!

AA
jr91472
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

aktion035.gif
Trekkor
Matt, were you there on Friday?

Cool pics.

KT
Brad Roberts
Great shots Matt!!

I saw Fordahl on TV and several others I have worked with!! Pretty cool!

Yes. I have Betim's spare keys to the VW.

I watched the race on TV. One of the better races I have seen all year.

I know ALL about fueling problems. Grand Am makes you run restrictors in line on the vent side and the fill side.. SUCKS. Takes forever to get fuel into the cars (even with a fuel rig setup!!)

B
MattR
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 31 2006, 09:38 PM) *

Matt, were you there on Friday?

Cool pics.

KT

Nope. I had to work on thursday, so I drove up friday morning and got there in the evening. DP qualifying isnt too fun though. Practice could have been fun. The new traction control seems pretty interesting to work with, but thats why I may be going to Petit Le Mans.
MattR
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 31 2006, 10:27 PM) *

Great shots Matt!!

I saw Fordahl on TV and several others I have worked with!! Pretty cool!

Yes. I have Betim's spare keys to the VW.

I watched the race on TV. One of the better races I have seen all year.

I know ALL about fueling problems. Grand Am makes you run restrictors in line on the vent side and the fill side.. SUCKS. Takes forever to get fuel into the cars (even with a fuel rig setup!!)

B

Yeah, the grand am fueling rigs are more elaborate then IRL. They have to do all this (expensive) shit to make the pit stops quicker.

When can I pick up that key? Have you been to Betim's shop yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.