Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scored a 2.0 just now!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Well, if you wait long enough they just fall out of trees.

My 1.7 stuff has been at the machine shop for over 2 months, and i've been spending all that extra time thinking about how I could make it faster. Well tonight I went and looked at a 73-74 2.0 with recent head work from the looks of them.

Its been sitting for 2 years, but there was no signs of resistance when turning the flywheel. Sprayed some oil in the cylinders and did a leakdown test that showed piss poor results. 40-70% leakdown with air coming out of the exhaust ports and passing the rings. Chalk it up to not being run in a while? I'll pull them and check it all out when I get it home.

End play was .010 with almost no radial movement at the flywheel.

Its missing its brain, aircleaner, and MPS.. and the sheetmetal is bent in places.
Flywheel and pressure plate look good, but with a light patina

shall I say... um...
goodbye 1.7
Aaron Cox
your stuff was at Johns for 2 months? bummer man. what happened?

sounds like a hone and re-ring if it aint coming out the guides

feel free to PM me offline about mahcine shop stuff
brer
I think the Monterey Historics happened. smile.gif

He works on expensive engines and, well, my 1.7 isn't exactly expensive.
I'm cool with it though, as its given me time to work on the battery tray and hell hole.

I watched the guides while pressure was on the cylinder and couldn't hear any air coming through them.

I think its going to be cool.
Aaron Cox
right on brer. right on.

how is the frog?
brer
The Frog is sleeping.
shhhh.

3 engines
14 rims
2 exhausts
1 spare head
4 radios, one of which is an 8 track
1 set of snow chains

and thats just the stuff I have to move OUT of the garage to be able to get any work done. sheesh. I need help, literally. Might get her hopping again sooner.

this is my latest project.
brer
Got the engine home today, well at least into the back of my car.

#GA 012861

need to find an air cleaner, brain, injector harness and MPS now.
Should be fun.

My local parts place has an 021E brain, which requires the 037 MPS from what i've read, if anyone is looking for a 73' only 2L brain.
Allan
I don't know if the leakdown numbers are a good indicator for an engine that's been sitting for 2 years.

Motor gurus chime in when ya can.
Aaron Cox
PM sent buddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.