Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Jeroen picked me up from a swim meet in some city in Holland. Took me to a Porsche Club meet instead, yay! Seems like we drove for ever in his 911 to another city I can't spell. Had a good time talking Porsches for 2 hrs and then we had to leave. The owner of a 924CarreraGT I had been talking to asked me if I wanted anything like coffee or tea. I replied "no, just a ride in the 924.'" SO he tossed the keys to Jeroen and we took off!!
HEhe, Jeroen was having fun with all that Turbo power on wet roads!! Car was a blast!! I do have pics I will post soon....
Geoff
Jeroen
Hey Geoff,

Glad to hear you enjoyed our visit to my friends shop

I wasn't quite comfortable driving his Carrera GT... I hate driving other peoples cars in general and specially if they are as rare and mint as this one.
The weather and traffic didn't offer much oportunities to have much fun either...

Oh, and just in case you wonder where I took you, this is the guy's website:
www.vdgugten.nl

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
I had a blast! You were just trying to keep the car from going sideways into the canals! Drove just like Blairs Rx7 turbo.
Geoff driving-girl.gif
p914
Since you are around Amsterdam you should check out the Van Gogh Museum if you are into art at all. Also Check out the diamond district and get a free tour. If the weather is good, go to Zaandfort by train and walk the beach.
Jeroen
Yep, go to Zandvoort.
It's a nice town. Lots of cool houses (I know you'll like them)
The beach and boulevard are nice and there are some fun shops too (open on sundays)
If you go on a weekend day, you can also see if there's any activity on the track.

cheers,

Jeroen
p914
Zandvoort... I get all goofy on the Dutch spelling. confused24.gif

The days when people are out sunbathing are quite nice like those of most European beaches. mueba.gif

I was reading about tulips recently and saw that most of Dutch tulips are from bulbs grown here in Washington state. Go figure.
redshift
Holland never recovered from the big tulip market crash.

M
Jeroen
Zandvoort... I get all goofy on the Dutch spelling. confused24.gif

I won't hold it against you biggrin.gif

The days when people are out sunbathing are quite nice like those of most European beaches.   mueba.gif

Chances of Geoff catching some topless sunbathing girls are very slim... temperatures are around freezing point at the moment biggrin.gif

I was reading about tulips recently and saw that most of Dutch tulips are from bulbs grown here in Washington state.  Go figure.

Never heard about that... AFAIK it all comes from here, but then again... I dunno shit about tulips unsure.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
p914
I thought it was weird but there was an artcle in the news about the bulbs are shipped from Washington to Holland to be grown and sold at the flower mart in Amstelveen. I'm no authority on em either, just thought that was strange. I was driving around the other week and ran across a bulb farm near where i live. Don't that beat all?

Too bad about the weather, Geoff would have liked the scenery. Well.. have a few at the leidseplein for me..I sure did like the bon bons at the coffeeshops!
w00t.gif
http://www.channels.nl/cgi-bin/strfotos.cg...cgi?leidseplein
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.