Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Brutal 4 banger...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14
I can't wait to test drive that beast, I have a 2000 S 4 that is a blast! that thing has to be smokin!!!! driving.gif
freezing14
i'd be curious to know what kind of set up he's got ,, i also have a 2000 S$ stage 2+ and , mine looks like a dog compare to it,
Scott Carlberg
isn't the RS4 powered by a 8cyl now though?
Aaron Cox
fire breathing dragon
Boojum
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Sep 1 2006, 10:49 AM) *

Yeah, sure is, the new B7 RS4 is an 8 cylinder. Saw one a couple weeks ago. Due to the high compression, it's mostly a WYSWIG situation, there's little you can do to get more power. Not like it's already pretty crazy powerful or anything, though.

The B5, RS4, however, is a tweaked (more boost) 2.7l, same as an S4, except it only comes in Avant (wagon) style. And that's funny, I think. Who in the hell decides that their flagship car should be not a car, but a wagon? Anyway, some of those tuner guys get those cars to do 10 seconds and less at the quater mile. Pretty crazy.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Boojum @ Sep 1 2006, 11:02 AM) *

Yeah, sure is, the new B7 RS4 is an 8 cylinder. Saw one a couple weeks ago. Due to the high compression, it's mostly a WYSWIG situation, there's little you can do to get more power. Not like it's already pretty crazy powerful or anything, though.

The B5, RS4, however, is a tweaked (more boost) 2.7l, same as an S4, except it only comes in Avant (wagon) style. And that's funny, I think. Who in the hell decides that their flagship car should be not a car, but a wagon? Anyway, some of those tuner guys get those cars to do 10 seconds and less at the quater mile. Pretty crazy.

The Ur RS4 was an I5, massaged by Porsche, as was the suspension. There's a Porsche emblem on the intake plenum, and Porsche hubcaps on the Porsche wheels. It was, for its time, a rocketship. The new one is a TT V8. Writeup last week in Autoweek, available on line at www.autoweek.com
Seems to me I posted it here or on the Bird. Or maybe not. It weighs on the plus side of 4000 lbs. BTW, if you wanna read about fast audis, go to www.motorgeek.com. A guy I know on that site is making close to 500HP at the wheels with an I5 he's built using his own engine management system. The Cap'n
Boojum
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 1 2006, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Boojum @ Sep 1 2006, 11:02 AM) *

The Ur RS4 was an I5, massaged by Porsche, as was the suspension. There's a Porsche emblem on the intake plenum, and Porsche hubcaps on the Porsche wheels. It was, for its time, a rocketship. The new one is a TT V8. Writeup last week in Autoweek, available on line at www.autoweek.com
Seems to me I posted it here or on the Bird. Or maybe not. It weighs on the plus side of 4000 lbs. BTW, if you wanna read about fast audis, go to www.motorgeek.com. A guy I know on that site is making close to 500HP at the wheels with an I5 he's built using his own engine management system. The Cap'n

Huh, didn't know that about the Ur RS4, what with the Porsche massaging. Are you sure? I know the RS2 had a turbo I5, and that it was a collaborative Porsche/Audi project. Never knew that to be true of the RS4, however. I thought it always came in the twin turbo 6cy 2.7l Avant, and later with the 4.2L all aluminum V8.

I knew the S2 had the I5 (I used to have 5000TQ), and it's a great engine. I think they should have made a V10 by sticking two together, basically the iron equivalent to the new S8 engine, and stuck it in the middle of some low car. At least, that's what the TT should have been! The Audi S2 rally car put out 600HP, and it's basically the same thing as the I5 in the S4. I know there are many people pushing the I5 to that level of performance even today.

AFAIK, the only passenger car produced by Audi with a turbo V8 was the RS6.
914werke
I think the Crusty One did mean the RS2. 2.2 Turbo I5 in the 80/90 Avant chassi with massaging from Porsche.
My S6 aspires to be one day. RS2

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.