Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Jasfsmith
As luck has it, my 914-6 was attack by an irrate stone, resulting in a dime size blister with a couple of cracks running out from the impact center.

Is there a source of correct "clear" glass available?
JeffBowlsby
Used only, I am pretty sure. Contact Rich Bontempi at High Performance House, maybe they have one. $$$$ Or maybe you can get lucky and score one off of someones parts car.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Sep 1 2006, 08:43 AM) *

As luck has it, my 914-6 was attack by an irrate stone, resulting in a dime size blister with a couple of cracks running out from the impact center.

Ooohh! Sorry to hear that! Would be simpler if it hit the paint!

I agree w/Jeff - try to find someone parting a 914. Still, not an easy fix, nor a cheap ship, but there "ain't no mo" of those things as new.

Good luck, and I know you were at the Parade - what was the outcome?
Pat
Porsche Rescue
I just had a spot like that repaired on my 928 windshield by Safelite Auto Glass (insurance paid 100%). They came to my home to do it. I can find the spot but I bet no one else could.
Michael N
Purchased a new windshield from Porsche dealership. It did not have the VW logo like new but I think it was original manufactor. It had to be shipped from Germany, and they had several left. It was about $350.
Jasfsmith
Dealer/contact name and telphone number? Please....
914runnow
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Sep 1 2006, 04:43 AM) *

Give Stoddards a shout..
A few years ago they had a few!!
For my 73..I went with the full tint OEM....
Keep the heat and UV down, here at 6000 feet!!
Bummer deal on your windscreen sad.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Sep 4 2006, 03:06 PM) *

Dealer/contact name and telphone number? Please....

I buy most my parts from Sunset Porsche in Oregon. If you're out of state they charge 15% over cost and no tax. Buyer pays shipping. They'll order from Germany which takes @ 3 weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.