Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SSI stainless HEs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
SSI HEs
If they are commanding these prices, why in the HELL did SSI stop making them?

May as well go the entire hog and get Tangerine Racing headers with HEs!
blitZ
Holy Cow!! Glad I bought mine when I did. Supply and Demand at work.
SGB
I believe they can be found for less unless you are in a great hurry, but it is a GREAT improvement.
crash914
ahhhhh...

It is the NIB faction...New in Box. it always commands a premium so you can put them on your display shelf next to the GI Joe that is in the original box and never played with...
Trevorg7
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 1 2006, 06:39 AM) *

I believe they can be found for less unless you are in a great hurry, but it is a GREAT improvement.

What type of improvement?

Thanks

T
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gopack @ Sep 1 2006, 06:14 AM) *

SSI HEs
If they are commanding these prices, why in the HELL did SSI stop making them?

May as well go the entire hog and get Tangerine Racing headers with HEs!

Talemacus is my Ebay moniker. Talemacus is the son of Odyseus from Homers book.

Indeed, I bought these to do a little experiment. SSI says that 914 guys are unwilling to spend the money to buy new SSI heat exchangers and he will not be making them. I plan on putting them up for sale here and seeing what they will sell for. Of course what one guy is willing to spend is not going to make John crank up production but it will get him thinking...

I will NOT be using them. My 4 cylinder sports Tangerine Racing Headers.
sean_v8_914
the good
ssi HEs are much lighter. the ID is larger

the bad
wall thickness is less, they make crackling noises when cooling off. they tend to loosen up without using some clever hardware upgrades
Scott Carlberg
and didn't john.... screw over/swerve/use B? confused24.gif
914werke
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Sep 1 2006, 09:34 AM) *

the good
ssi HEs are much lighter. the ID is larger

the bad
wall thickness is less, they make crackling noises when cooling off. they tend to loosen up without using some clever hardware upgrades

you forgot: the good= they dont rust so if you need heat and activate your blower they dont circulate noxious fumes inside your cabin causing at a minimum headach & diving imparement and at worst Brain Damage!! headbang.gif
Brando
Another good: Make for some nice BLING when showing off a pristine 914 that's going for the all-stock look. (/L?)
JPB
I say they sell for that much but not worth that much.LOL I don't belive a teener should be in the crap during the winter or cold months. Might as well drive the thing on the beach in the summer also. But then, some might say they aren't any good in 100F weather either without AC. I understand that some of these cars are daily drivers and thats life. I'm gonna be quiet now....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(crash914 @ Sep 1 2006, 08:13 AM) *

ahhhhh...

It is the NIB faction...New in Box. it always commands a premium so you can put them on your display shelf next to the GI Joe that is in the original box and never played with...

Geez Herb, I think it has been 35 years since I have ever seen a GI Joe. I have no intention of putting these on a shelf...
sixnotfour
these sold for 227.00 used.8-27-06
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.