Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedster07
Does anyone know how much the Blue 916 on ebay is really worth? Item# 280018912321
The guy said he would except my offer to buy. But what is it really worth and is it real? Brad you out there. Help from Anyone would be great.

Craig
nein14
It no saled at $200K, its what someone is willing to pay for a very rare Porsche.
Bleyseng
Its worth whatever you will pay for it.

IMHO its worth about $200k not the dreamland $350k AA has on theirs.

The one that sold 2 years ago in pieces sold for what $100K plus....
URY914
Economics 101 says the value of an item is equal to whatever someone will pay for it. (Or somethin' like that)

B. T. Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute. (Or somethin' like that)

biggrin.gif
anthony
With the '73 Carrera RS going for around $150K these days (they made like 1300 of them), $200K for a prototype 916 seems reasonable.

But the value in this car is that it's so rare that it should probably be in a car museum.

The sum of the parts don't add up with the 916 because you could build an exact replication without too much trouble for less than $50K. Actually, I've always been curious why people haven't built steel topped replicas. Too much work for little pay off?

GWN7
I still want to know what it will cost to cut the roof off and put a targa top on......
nomore9one4
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 1 2006, 07:58 AM) *

I still want to know what it will cost to cut the roof off and put a targa top on......

I would make it a convertable! w00t.gif and put a chalon kit on it! smile.gif
Jacco
QUOTE(anthony @ Sep 1 2006, 07:55 AM) *

Actually, I've always been curious why people haven't built steel topped replicas. Too much work for little pay off?

In Germany there are two 914's with 928 engines in them, one of them has a fixed steel roof, if I remember correctly he used a section of a 924 roof to replicate curvature and things like that. I really like the looks of a fixed roof 914, so who knows maybe someday... biggrin.gif

greets
Jacco
Dr Evil
You made an offer high enough for him to accept and you are not even sure if it is real? Brave blink.gif
JPB
agree.gif and some.

A steel roof is a cinch to make for the right price and would stiffen up your car greatly.

beer.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Speedster07 @ Sep 1 2006, 04:48 PM) *

Does anyone know how much the Blue 916 on ebay is really worth?

easy answer: no

Craig,

if you *really* want to buy this car and you have the money - offer US$ 300k

if you just want to know the selling price - forget it

sorry ...

wavey.gif Gustl
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 1 2006, 07:58 AM) *

Bruce,
my guess would be somewhere north of $250,000. Because until you own the car, chopping the top is just a pipe dream biggrin.gif
914Sixer
I find the price very interesting because the same car sold 11-05- 2000 on Ebay for $125K. I printed out all the info and stuck it in a file I found last week.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 1 2006, 01:23 PM) *

I find the price very interesting because the same car sold 11-05- 2000 on Ebay for $125K.

agree.gif prices are inflated ... AA want's $350k for theirs, but they're actually not interested in selling. they ask $350k because if someone came along stupid enough to pay that much, they would take the money ...

same with this car, i don't think the current owner is seriosuly interested in selling the car, i think he's just feeling out if there's a sucker out there that he can milk for a hefty profit ...

$150k max. in my book, if that even ...
for half of that you can get a REAL FACTORY GT with actual racing history ...

dry.gif Andy
balljoint
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 1 2006, 11:58 AM) *

av-943.gif

You buy it, and I will do the Targa-Top conversion at no charge.
Gustl
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 1 2006, 10:23 PM) *

I find the price very interesting because the same car sold 11-05- 2000 on Ebay for $125K. I printed out all the info and stuck it in a file I found last week.

would you be so kind to scan it and post here - or send via PM ?

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 1 2006, 10:31 PM) *

$150k max. in my book, if that even ...
for half of that you can get a REAL FACTORY GT with actual racing history ...

which one confused24.gif

the last real factory GTs with racing history sold for more that 250k ...

idea.gif Gustl
Joe Bob
The seller won't answer emails....fuck heem....I was in until 199K....USD.
Speedster07
Have any of you seen this car?

tracks914
I have an old pop up sunroof you could put in it for much cheaper than a full blown targa conversion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.