Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 drive in movie Saturday night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stuie
Hello DFW 914 guys.

Just a quick invite to the casa for this weekends feature of "Le Mans" with McQueen.

I have been doing what I call "Motorcycle Ride In Theater" this summer for my riding buddies where I show an old motorcycle flick like Wild One or On Any Sunday and this week, we are doing part cycle and part auto racing.

The first flick is called "99.9 MPH A Triumph Island Double" which is a doc about the 1967 Isle of Mann TT when the Triumph brand won big. I think it's between 30-60 minutes long.

The feature is "Le Mans" (1970) and from what I understand, there are 914's seen racing in it as well.

It's a good excuse for everyone to get out of the casa every once in a while.

I provide the flick (projected on a 13x9ft inflateable screen in the back yard) and you bring yourself and beer/cokes etc.

It's a pretty cool time.

If you would like to come out (Arlington near 360 & I-20), shoot me a PM with interest and I will shoot ya back the address.

We generally start around dark (around 8:30-8:50pm)

Cheers!
Stu
Click to view attachment
pic attached is from a Bonneville Salt Flat Doc flick when I went mobile at a buddies bbq
orange914
QUOTE(Stuie @ Sep 1 2006, 11:46 AM) *

Hello DFW 914 guys.

Just a quick invite to the casa for this weekends feature of "Le Mans" with McQueen.

I have been doing what I call "Motorcycle Ride In Theater" this summer for my riding buddies where I show an old motorcycle flick like Wild One or On Any Sunday and this week, we are doing part cycle and part auto racing.

The first flick is called "99.9 MPH A Triumph Island Double" which is a doc about the 1967 Isle of Mann TT when the Triumph brand won big. I think it's between 30-60 minutes long.

The feature is "Le Mans" (1970) and from what I understand, there are 914's seen racing in it as well.

It's a good excuse for everyone to get out of the casa every once in a while.

I provide the flick (projected on a 13x9ft inflateable screen in the back yard) and you bring yourself and beer/cokes etc.

It's a pretty cool time.

If you would like to come out (Arlington near 360 & I-20), shoot me a PM with interest and I will shoot ya back the address.

We generally start around dark (around 8:30-8:50pm)

Cheers!
Stu
Click to view attachment
pic attached is from a Bonneville Salt Flat Doc flick when I went mobile at a buddies bbq

i would go..............but im quite a ways away dry.gif

well for everyone else going.........have fun popcorn[1].gif the movie
ClayPerrine
What night????
Stuie
Hey Clay,

It's tonight (Saturday). Supposed to be the most comfortable day in a long time temp wise. As long as it doesn't rain, it's on!

Stu
i love porsche
thats an awesome idea, i wish i didnt live so far away, i love those older car movies

and did you know that steve mcqueen is in 'on any sunday' as well?
Stuie
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Sep 2 2006, 09:26 AM) *

thats an awesome idea, i wish i didnt live so far away, i love those older car movies

and did you know that steve mcqueen is in 'on any sunday' as well?

Sure do, I have it and that was our first feature we did out front in the driveway. It's my fave cycle flick and that's how I found out about "Le Mans". Bruce Brown was kind enough to give me permission to use clips from OASunday in a Biker Awarenes PSA commercial.

Love that flick.

Can't wait to check out Le Mans tonight as well!

Stu
PORobinSCHE
Stuie, that's a great way to get together. i love the old classic movies and documentries.. i wish o-town Porsche guy would do this also.
nomore9one4
Sounds like a fun time and a great idea. There is always Porsche movies aswell...my favorites are "No mans land" For the ars draggers. And "King of the mountain" a spyder if I remember correctly. popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
nomore9one4
drunk.gif
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Sep 2 2006, 02:44 PM) *

drunk.gif

wasn't Dennis Hopper in 'king of the mountain'? "speed is time....time is speed"
nomore9one4
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Sep 2 2006, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Sep 2 2006, 02:44 PM) *

drunk.gif

wasn't Dennis Hopper in 'king of the mountain'? "speed is time....time is speed"

He sure was! driving.gif
Stuie
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Sep 2 2006, 01:44 PM) *

drunk.gif

Heck yea... "The Hidden" was a good one too (Good alien fancied 928's). Any other good old racing movies from the 50's or 60's that you can think of?
Stuie
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Sep 2 2006, 01:20 PM) *

Stuie, that's a great way to get together. i love the old classic movies and documentries.. i wish o-town Porsche guy would do this also.

Wicked Triton!

My main bike now is an '05 Triumph Thruxton, wife has a '67 BSA Royal Star, I have 2 '69 BSA Starfire thumpers and a Vespa project. The last four years I have had 4 BMW's ranging from a '62 /2 to an '86 R65, 1 Moto Guzzi Eldorado, '72 BSA Lightning and a '69 Triumph Daytona project wich I just traded last night.

Bikes and a 914... heaven!

Oh yea... and cool bike/auto racing movies.... heaven!
LowGT
Sounds like fun, unfortunately I already promised to prime/paint the living room and kitchen this weekend. I just put in my 9 hours for today, now it's drunk.gif time.

Dan
Stuie
Click to view attachment

Chitty Picture (my photo not the movie), was fun!

Killer car Clay!

Stuie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.