Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle getting caught on clutch peda;
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hollandhill
I had my throttle cable replaced because it was very sticky and quite ratty. Action is much smother now, but when I depress clutch it hangs up on throttle for just a second. Has this happend to any one. Can I adjust pedal assembly to put some room between the two cable ends??
Rand
It's also somewhat common for people to get one wire wrapped around the other while routing it. Is that possible in your case, or can you see the cable ends bumping? Sounds to me like a mistake was made in the install, or in the choice of parts. I would want it fixed right instead of adjusting the pedal assembly to make up for it.
IronHillRestorations
I'm going to say that the throttle cable is wrapped around the clutch cable. If you depress the clutch and the throttle pedal moves at all, that is where you are at. If it goes on for a long time it will fray and break one of the cables, usually the throttle cable. About 25 years ago I found this out the hard way. I always use a inspection mirror and flashlight to make sure the cables are correctly routed. There is a little access panel at the front of the center tunnel, which will allow you to examine this as explained. I'd check it out right away, and if you paid someone to do this repair, take it back! The throttle and clutch operate entirely independent of one another.
hollandhill
I can actually see the ends hanging up on each other before they go into the tunnel. So I think they are not wrapped around each other in the tunnel. Is there any adjustment in the assembly available? thanks
Porsche Rescue
How much wobble is there in the two levers? Sounds like you could need pedal cluster bushings.
Rand
It didn't do this before? So the hardware on the end of the new cable is larger than the old one? What brand is the new cable?

On mine, where the cables attach to the levers, the clutch movement passes directly below the throttle. The clearance is close, so I could see if the terminating connector widget or the lock nut was larger in diameter it could hit. How hard is it hitting? If just barely nicking, maybe you could just grind a little off. Need to see it. Can you post a photo?

You said you "had it replaced." I second the motion to take it back if you paid for this job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.