Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How fast can you go in a turn?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
Would like to know the fastest anyone has taken a left or right turn (through a intersection) with 205/50/15's, stock 2.0 motor and stock suspension without sliding? Just curious on what my car can do? driving.gif
Bruce Allert
Ya gotta slide, Man.. otherwise it's no fun burnout.gif

No, seriously, save the fast cornering for AX. You can find out a whole lot more out on the parking lot or track. Saves lives & 914's thumb3d.gif

.........b
Trekkor
Watch some of the a/x vids in the "Paddock".

2nd gear turns are around 45-55 mph.

KT
hmeeder
agree.gif with Bruce. though I would argue that sliding sure is not the fastest way around. Now a good drift is another thing entirely. Find a PCA, SCCA or POC autocross venue to learn how.

Though depending on how the rest of the suspension is set up, the answer to your question will vary a lot. 60+ mph is do-able in a left hander of the approximate radius of an intersection.
URY914
What is the radius of the turn? confused24.gif

The question really can't be answered.

Marlow
Somewhere between 5 and 100 mph. biggrin.gif

agree.gif with Ury914, too many variables.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 1 2006, 09:10 PM) *

What is the radius of the turn? confused24.gif

The question really can't be answered.

The radius would be a standard street intersection.
So.Cal.914
My engine and suspension is not stock but 55 + is doable. Of course someone

else was driving it at the time. wink.gif
Randal

Best way to find out is to go run a few autox's and find out for yourself.

And an autox is a much more forgiving situation, as you have room to spin without any curbs that can wreck or flip your car if you get the corner wrong.

We ran the Hoopa Hillclimb with the Redwood Region Sports Car Club. They have guys from all over your area. They run lots of autox’s.

Here is their website: http://www.redwoodmatrix.com/carclubs.htm

Nice people and I think they liked the 914 people they met at the Hillclimb, i.e., we worked our asses off.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.