Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 things. semi off topic. Spotted! and cool picture.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Ok so first off hello everyone. I thought I would share my experience tonight. one the 914 is semi not running with some shifting issues. I'm hoping it's just the bushings. Gonna buy the kit as soon as I get a job or sell my Maxima. Nothing beats sacrificing a/c for money for the 914! So I guess this partiall has to do with the "you know you're a 914 guy when"...... When you go drag racing and they ask you what number you want and you say "914!". Lol I thought this would be fun. Raced out this Honda Civic. He was getting good times but started early once or twice. This was my first time racing. I got him 4 out of 5 times. The first run I was nervous. It was very fun actually. Not much AX going on down here so the dragstrip is where it's at. I might take my beater DD when I get it. Hoping for a Geo MEtro 3 cylinder with a/c. Can you say 20sec quarter lol. Oh also there was a black 914 with a 914S badge on the back. I was wondering who this was. I went to go race because my friend paid for me and he wanted to see if I could beat the Civic. I wanted to sit by the car and wait for him to come back but he didn't and left before I finished racing. Totally bummed but if you read this or someone knows him, it was a beautiful car and I totally hope mine turns out like that.

DRok
So.Cal.914
Theres something you don't see everyday a four door 914.
DerekKim
Lol it's a Malibu... Yeaaaaah. Auto's are silly to launch. Never really got it. Any help with that?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Sep 1 2006, 09:50 PM) *

Lol it's a Malibu... Yeaaaaah. Auto's are silly to launch. Never really got it. Any help with that?

Launch, you mean at the tree?
DerekKim
Yeah. I mean do you just have the foot on the brake and then floor it or do you brake with the left and step on the gas with the right to get the RPM's up?
So.Cal.914
Yeah power braking. Stage at the tree and place your foot firmly on the brake

apply throttle until the car begins to rise but before the tires begin to brake loose.

Watch the lights and try to time your launch when the filiment in the last bulb

begins to glow.
Joe Ricard
Gulfport?

Holy crap man. You ar like right next door.

Hey Rob Watson is coming by Sunday. We need to get together.
DerekKim
Sweet! I thought there was somebody else down on the coast but wasn't sure. I'd bring the 914 by but I don't know if I can trust her to make it to Gautier. No reverse or first so it's managable but I was on county farm road and she lost 2nd and 3rd at one point haha. I would love to come by Sunday and take a look at another914. Other than this one that I have seen at the dragway, a rusted out body in BIloxi, and my friend's that doesn't run but looks ace I have not ridden in another one. I'm trying to see if my struts and springs are sloppy or what. Let me know what time on Sunday. I get out of church at noon. I don't know who Rob Watson is though...
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Sep 2 2006, 11:34 AM) *

Sweet! I thought there was somebody else down on the coast but wasn't sure. I'd bring the 914 by but I don't know if I can trust her to make it to Gautier. No reverse or first so it's managable but I was on county farm road and she lost 2nd and 3rd at one point haha. I would love to come by Sunday and take a look at another914. Other than this one that I have seen at the dragway, a rusted out body in BIloxi, and my friend's that doesn't run but looks ace I have not ridden in another one. I'm trying to see if my struts and springs are sloppy or what. Let me know what time on Sunday. I get out of church at noon. I don't know who Rob Watson is though...

Ok so I sent you email and now a PM

I'd love to give you my number here but these knuckle headds would just take sport in calling me for sport in the middle of the night.

How about Rob's Rob's cell happy11.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Sep 2 2006, 09:34 AM) *

i'm also enduring the same shifting woes. if it turns out to be the shift bushings let us all know so i could go fix this problem on my 74'. Thanks in advance! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.