Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: npc,Any Ford E-150 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
Any club members own a Ford E-150 van? I just bought a 2004 a few months ago and I am having major trouble opening the rear doors. The hinges seem to be binding up. Has anyone had similiar problems? I guess I am gonna have to get new hinges. headbang.gif
MecGen
Hi

Living in the salt belt, I have changed/repair many. In my neck of the woods servicing hinges are a part of our "oil service" every 3000 miles.

There are some options to replacing them, depending on the price, hinge pin bushing kits are a good way to go, and because of the brass bushings they are less likely to jamb. An experienced tech can do them in place, but its much easier to remove them (one at a time) and work on the bench.

Good luck with it

Later

beerchug.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(MecGen @ Sep 2 2006, 05:29 AM) *

Hi

Living in the salt belt, I have changed/repair many. In my neck of the woods servicing hinges are a part of our "oil service" every 3000 miles.

There are some options to replacing them, depending on the price, hinge pin bushing kits are a good way to go, and because of the brass bushings they are less likely to jamb. An experienced tech can do them in place, but its much easier to remove them (one at a time) and work on the bench.

Good luck with it

Later

beerchug.gif

Thank you.I will check into having them rebuilt. I need those doors to load and unload on a daily basis. headbang.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.