Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Nascar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Wife just bought us tickets for tomorrows race. I've never been to one before.

Is it a good, bad or decent way to spend an evening?

How long do they normally last?

Am I going to want to start drinking cheap beer and saying yall all the time.

I was thinking about moving some furniture to the front yard...
maf914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 2 2006, 07:48 AM) *

I was thinking about moving some furniture to the front yard...

Furniture in the front yard is good, but a 914 on cinder blocks would be even better! They take the place of jackstands. laugh.gif
sixnotfour
The evening race should be pretty cool under the lights.

whats wrong with budweiser?

watch your wallet in the fan vendor section.

remember love thy neighbor.

have fun enjoy it for what it is.
SLITS
Depends on where your seats are ....... There are several critical things you must do:

1.) Buy the headset MRA Radio ..... You may not find the correct station, but they will act like earmuffs and you won't hear the complaining of your SO about being baked in the sun.

2.) Consumption of mass quantites of beer. At the end of the race at Dover Downs, there was a 3' layer of empty Buttwiper cans beneath the bleachers.

3.) Consumption of mass quantities of burned meat and mustard. Carefull, you may break a tooth.

4.) Find the nearest redneck and insult his fabvorite driver. That should start the required fight.

5.) If you have to pee (which you will from #2), don't bother standing in line for the porta potties .... go underneath the bleechers, hang 'er out and let her rip.

6.) During the race go down to the fence and hang on it. Not only will you be covered in racing rubber dust parfume, you'll go deaf and can throw away the MRA headset.

7.) After the race, stop by and pick up the results as you will never know who won unless you do.

8.) Make sure you stop in the midway at the trailers and buy enough of your favorite drivers' stickers to completely obscure your vision on both front and rear windshields of your vehicle (Dually pickup is #1 ... if you don't have one, rent one before you go).

Ya'll have more fun than pickin' yer nose.

8.) For full enjoyment, stay home and watch it on TV.
Lou W
I've been there before a few times, it's actually alot of fun, I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it.
Don't forget the basics, camara, binoculars, sun screen, a hat and make make sure that you drink lots of water, it will still be warm.
When you leave, just be patient, getting out of there with all the traffic will take some time. ph34r.gif
Allan
Well, busted my Nascar nut last night.

All I can say is that there were 3 things about it that were cool.

1. The start (sounds awesome).

2. The last 10 laps.

3. Getting home after 5 hours in 100+ degree heat surrounded by 90,000 drunks.

Unless I have an invitation into one of the air conditioned luxury boxes with a full bar and limo service home, I'll pass next time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.