Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted a 914 on TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
Last Saturday I was channel surfing and started watching an episode of Unwrapped on the Food Channel. Yes, I'll admit, the Food Channel! laugh.gif They were discussing the history of fast food drive-through resturants and commented that in the sixties and seventies the car oriented life style in California made these very popular. They then showed a series of photos from that period and there it was...an orange 914 parked at a fast food pick-up window. Cool! laugh.gif
URY914
My daughter tells me the show was called "Feasting on Asphalt" with Alton Brown. She said it was a Jack in the Box, she recorded it for me. Good girl biggrin.gif
mikey
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 2 2006, 08:56 AM) *

Last Saturday I was channel surfing and started watching an episode of Unwrapped on the Food Channel. Yes, I'll admit, the Food Channel! laugh.gif They were discussing the history of fast food drive-through resturants and commented that in the sixties and seventies the car oriented life style in California made these very popular. They then showed a series of photos from that period and there it was...an orange 914 parked at a fast food pick-up window. Cool! laugh.gif

I also like watching the food channel! Makes me hungry.

I was in Savannah last year. Great city, by the way! I had to stop at Paula Deen's restaurant right in downtown Savannah while I was there. I had seen her on the Food Channel many times and had to try out her food. Unfortunately afterwards I couldn't get off the toilet for two days sad.gif . The food was a little too greasy, I guess. But I also visited a great seafood restaurant right on the river. Much better! Can't remember the name of it though. Looked like an Irish pub. Great food and lots of different beers.
boxstr
Also saw the Feasting on Asphalt show with the 914.
CCL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.