Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loose Wire Question Wh/Br
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MBowman325
I was fixing the speedo cable yesterday, and doing some general poking around, and these lept out at me. A few White/Brown wires, one with something like a half vampire tap W/2 wires and three more, one with a small female spade and the other two with no connectors. It looks like they sprout from the harness under the fan control and then run show up behind the vent. What might this be for? (I did look at the diagrams in the book, but I either looked over it or...)

Click to view attachment

Also found a black wire with an inline glass fuse tucked away under the dash. I'm guessing that it might have been for the radio? Didn't look too hard, but it must not have current flowing, as the fuse hadn't blown.

Click to view attachment

Apologies for the blurry pics. Hmm, maybe a cheapo digital camera is in my future...
ClayPerrine
The ones in the first picture go to the door jamb switch.. they work the seatbelt buzzer and dome light.

The second picture is aftermarket. Porsche didn't use any round glass fuses.
Series9
Brown wires are grounds. Brown wires with stripes are switched grounds, as Clay pointed out, the switch on the door for the interior light will have a stripe.
MBowman325
Excellent! More light shed on the car. I always wondered if the light was susposed to come on in one of the positions with the door open...

A couple of more things and I can actually have it legal to drive in Texas!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.