Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a Tail Dragger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
... for now. The rest will be paid once the car's electrical referbishment is done. I'll repaint the car myself, but for the price and rareness of a 964 Turbo Cab, I'll deal with it. So, what would be a cool paint scheme for this car, the wilder, the better.
redshift
Candy Blue

M
Andyrew
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Congrats!

Andrew
Andyrew
redshift, added a little clarity to your atvar, couldnt read it..

still cant, but it says.. "my gums are bleeding" "f*&^"
djm914-6
Now, I know this car is rare, but I can't find any good pics of this model. I did find these though. I edited someones child out of one, and the other is badly painted.

Here's the plan:
Custom paint the exterior to a classy yet different look.
Fully detailed interior with a nice sound system
Fully detailed trunk and engine areas.
Chrome rims?
upgraded electronics?
lowered?
racing pedals, shiftknob.
euro look lights?

Options so far:
Red leather interior with silver exterior
Tan leather with red or black exterior
Black cloth with Gulf colors and roll bar with harness'

Any ideas? I'll get pics of the actual car when I get it home and as I progress on the project.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ChrisReale
Those look like they are made of wax blink.gif
Howard
Redshift, if you're really having trouble with your gums, ask your dentist about Rotadent. They may even have a website, but that sucker sure worked for me.
djm914-6
Those look like they are made of wax

Not quite, it's about 1/3 scale plastic. This Power Wheels car is amung the rarest. It's 4' long and 2' high. It has an 18 volt battery which makes if far faster than any other car in it's class... as a Turbo should be.

The car will need a fair bit of work. The doors are a bit loose and the body is a little rough. The battery was updated to the non-burning style though. The interior is a little faded but otherwise it's "straight and sound".

As I said before, I'll be painting the body in a proper Porsche scheme. The interior will be upolstered, painted and carpeted. I'm looking for a radio to put in. I may also do a two pedal conversion. I'll modify the car for headlights and tail lights too. The body is a good representation of a 964, but the motor needs work to be acceptable. The Steering wheel looks a lot like the Porsche wheel. I'd like to add some leather to that too.

Now I just need a full sized one in the drive to match.
Andyrew
I thought they where real, just bad examples. I knew those wheels looked fake...

Now That is cool.

Cant wait to see pics.

ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.