Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Ashtray Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joel924
Just got a new (used) ashtray to plug the gaping hole in my dash, where the original disappeared from years ago. What kind of screws are supposed to attach it to the dash?

Looks like there are four holes for mounting.

Thanks,
J
1970 Neun vierzehn
Joel,
I can't answer your question 'cause my ashtray has never been out, but I can welcome.png I'm sure someone here will be able to help. Enjoy your car and your time on this Forum, inhabited by fun, informative, helpful, silly, wacked-out, enthusiastic and sometimes sarcastic 914 mavens, enthusiasts and cognescenti beerchug.gif
msglaigaie
Welcome to the (non) club. You must not yet have the obligatory "reference manuals" Get a couple of the mainstays, like the Haynes amnual. It will save you a lot of time and you get to learn a lot. What 914 do you have?? MSG L
type47
welcome to the club and .... i don't think the ashtray screws into the dash but rather slide on "rails" or some such description, maybe they would be called channels. are you thinking some sort of screw the rails into the dash hole thing?
joel924
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 2 2006, 05:56 PM) *

welcome to the club and .... i don't think the ashtray screws into the dash but rather slide on "rails" or some such description, maybe they would be called channels. are you thinking some sort of screw the rails into the dash hole thing?

Hmm... I have two pieces - the first is the ashtray itself. The second is the bracket which houses the ashtray and has the rails for it to slide on. Looks like there are four holes for screws to hold the bracket to the underside of the upper dash.

BTW - Thanks for the warm welcomes!
joel924
QUOTE(joel924 @ Sep 2 2006, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 2 2006, 05:56 PM) *

Hmm... I have two pieces - the first is the ashtray itself. The second is the bracket which houses the ashtray and has the rails for it to slide on. Looks like there are four holes for screws to hold the bracket to the underside of the upper dash.

BTW - Thanks for the warm welcomes!

And... here is a picture of my ride. - 1974 2.0 liter.
Lou W
I pretty sure that there were studs coming out of the bracket that the ashtray slides into which then go through the dash frame and attach with a couple of nuts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.