Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soooo What are we doing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GaroldShaffer
its Sept 2nd, what are we doing? I'm ready to get sponsors but what are we offering them in return?
Doug Leggins
I will look through the past years planning info, seems to me like we should try to do what we did before. I'll post my thoughts here after I review the previous years plans.

I should be able to engage alot more now in the planning. After vacation I started the pursuit of a new job. Still with GE just a better job smile.gif . I should successfully wrap up the new job next week. Hopefully a nice bump in $. If so, I'll be looking for a new project.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif smile.gif
Doug Leggins
My thoughts on the event schedule.

Friday

5:30 PM early registration at the Columbus Inn
7:00 PM Dinner in Columbus

Saturday

8:00 - 9:14AM Event registration & breakfast
9:14 AM Poker run, ralley or other suggested event
12:30 - 1:30 PM Lunch in Brown County State Park, C.C.C. Shelter ( I have this shelter reserved)
1:30 - 3:00PM Show and Shine, Door prizes
3:00 - 5:00 scenic/twisty tour through Brown County to the Columbus Inn
6:30 PM Dinner & Drinks

Sunday

8:30 Breakfast
Departures

My garage is open for any activity. A tech session would be great if we can get one organized. Or an open tech session to review cars & parts is ok if we choose.

Other options:
swap meet
tech quiz
???
GaroldShaffer
All sounds good to me. biggrin.gif Poker run was cool, the ralley would be fun but it does take a fair amount of planning. I would also go with the show & shine & twist tour.

I could talk with Brad Mayuer to see if he would do a tech session for us if he can come. We would need a topic or two.

Are we going to mess with shirts this year? I think we are cutting it way to close to get sponsors and have their logos made up for shirts. Not sure what we can offer them for donations for door prizes and stuff?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.