Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another addition to the stable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Checking todays Oregoninan newspaper Ad read 72 914 Dell carbs , runs okay. $1000. Drove over and checked it out. Guy was have a garage sale. Car out front with garage sale sign on the rear deck lid.
Black in color, Empi wheels black centers. Dark brown interior, no dash cracks, no speakers holes, seats are good. Glass is good windows roll up and down. Open the engine lid, Optima battery, Dell carbs linkage looks good. I know most of you have heard this before, Clean hell hole, no rust, and not repaired, I haven't had the battery out, but I will check. Checked the Longs, no rust, checked jack points, solid.Not running very good, fouled plugs, Funny thing, a tailhifter is bad enough trying to get into gear, this one has a broken shift lever, it spins 360 degrees in the lower socket. New calipers on front, check trunks look good no rust, everything works.
Only down side is it is a color change, yellow to black. Paint is good , bumpers are good , no holes, and good bumper rubber.
After I drove the car, I told the guy I would give him a check, he said okay, As I was walking to the Boxster I heard a guy pull up, asked the owner about the 914, he said it was sold. I was coming back with a check and the guy who pulled up was still looking at the car, I said" are you looking for a 914 ." He said Yes , I said this one is for sale for $2500. laugh.gif
CCLINCAMP914
redshift
You dog! Good deal!

M
Aaron Cox
LOL good story!
rhodyguy
at least tell me the jams, hood bottoms, etc are black.
i can't think of a worse color change. yellow to black. so what's the tally these days? 914's only.

kevin
boxstr
Kevin , beleive or don't but it is actually a good color chnage,. they even took out the front fender strips before painting, forgot to put them back in...all of the jams and lids and engine compartment have all been painted and done well. The one place that I have found is under the carpets, yellow.
Today I am down to six 914s. Two 911s, a Boxster, 29 Ford, BMW conv. and Jeep Grand. I think that's it????
CCLINCARCRAZY
Qarl
Umm... Craig... you suck! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just kidding! Nice find!
mharrison
A classic example of the right place at the right time. That ad didn't run here in Mississippi....lol...
boxstr
Oh plus they had four ,4 bulb fluorescents light fixtures, ready to go for $10.00 each , perfect for the workshop. Which I purchased.
Hey CART is on Speed tonight at 10pm from Austrailia.
CCLINRODCHILD
Bruce Allert
and I HAD to go to the beach today headbang.gif
bruce

ps... good job Craig DAMN IT!
markb
There are some really nasty names for people like you! wink.gif Good find, I'm green with envy.
ChrisReale
Craig, what 911's do you have?
boxstr
Chris Good morning, I have an 83 911 SC Cab. and a 1973 911 sunroof coupe inroute, from North Carolina.
CCLINEARLY911REGISTRY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.