Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Put in the 2.0 injectors in the 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
I just got finished putting in the 2.0 injectors, but no fire. Everything appears to be tight, and the
connections seam alright, but no fire. Any ideas? How long should I let the fuel pump go before hitting it?
Eric
Bruce Allert
whatever you do don't use a BAH! laugh.gif
sorry Eric, could help myself!

If the fuel pump doesn't quit I'd think there was a leak somewhere.... a mighty big one ohmy.gif
Unless the pump isn't getting gas.....

bruce
Eric Taylor
Bruce, the pump is not acting any different than before. If left in the on position the pump would always just stay on, then you could kick it over to start, or just try starting it. I hope that makes sense. I guess i'll be checking hoses tomorrow, figure out what the hell is wrong, and I almost walked away from buying it.
Eric
davep
When the ignition is turned on the pump should run for a few seconds to build pressure before shutting off. If it is not doing this , then there are other problems; pehaps the computer. I still think the swapping of injectors is a bad idea. Many of us would trade you the proper injectors to keep your costs low.

DaveP
TheCabinetmaker
agree.gif with dave. pump should only run for 2 seconds. The 2 litre injectors will give way too much gas.
fiid
The higher flow rate on the 2.0 injectors will mean that you are constantly running rich. If you insist on doing this, you need to get a the appropriate calculators (Megasquirt has them - go to the megasquirt faq) and work out what fuel pressure you should run in order to get the same delivery as the 1.7 injectors. I would think it ought to be possible to back the fuel pressurer off enough that it could work, but you'd do much better to just pick up the stock injectors and run it stock. Or get a megasquirt, and tune it correctly.

Fiid.
Eric Taylor
Thanks guys. I mainly just put in the 2.0's to see if I had a bad 1.7 injector. If anyone has a known good working set of 1.7's I would love to trade for my 2.0's and run stock. If so please PM me. I really would like to get this sorted out soon. I see why people switch to carbs smile.gif.
Eric
redshift
Yeah, people switch to carbs because they have the wrong injector parts.

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.