Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking care of the trunks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
Well, I have had my teener for over 10 years, and it has needed paint since the day that i bought it. Still don't have the $5k that i figure it will take. My car is a DE/track car, that i still love to drive on the street. The car is solid, but the original paint is toast, and every panel needs help. Since no $'s for the full paint job, i think that i am going to freshen up the interior (new carpet, aluminum floor pedal boards, re-skin the seats doors. My question is the front and rear trunks. Can i mechanically strip those?
What works best - wire wheels on a drill, electical grinders, air tools?
What finish applications - rattle can? Rhino liner?
I like the rhino liner, as i drive to track events, and the paint is just going to get trashed any ways.
Has anyone done this themselves?
Any photos of the Rhino liner?
Thanks,
Matt
SGB
I propose that you just lightly brush the surface to remive loss paint/ rust, then treat with a rust "solidifier". After that just paint- I like this stuff in a spray can called DAP Wrinkle Finish for underbodyl type applications. I havent done so but I think it would work well for trunk liner type app.I think rhino liner is kinda heavy for the track
roundboy914
Thanks, anyone else done this?
Any pictures of your trunks?
icon_bump.gif
JPB
If it is rusted, don't use anything else but Por-15. Just chip and steel brush the loose rust and paint. Follow all the instructions and it won't rust again. Any other products will just be a waste of your time and money.

beer.gif Gluck!
Chogokin
I like the splatter paint look myself, I did it in my engine compartment over black gloss, gave it a pretty cool look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.