Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing Header
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Well, today my 4 cylinder came off the jackstands after getting a set of Tangerine Racing Headers installed by none other than Mr. North Bay 914, Martin Baker.

Thanks Martin... Seems I say that a lot...

Anyway, my first impression is that the car revs easier, pulls harder, idles better, and all around runs great with them. A feature I didn't expect is that they are relatively quiet... Louder yes, but gone is that VW sound. Very nice.

A couple of cautions for people planning this project: First of all, plan to protect your starter and its wiring. We melted down the battery positive cable about 4 inches from the starter. Probably not a design flaw on Chris Foley's part. My car has a Hi Torque aftermarket starter and the position of the wires is different than the stock starter. Second, watch your driver side e-brake cable. You can toast this as well. It is possible to wire tie it up away from the header. Third, watch your speedometer cable and clutch cable. I covered mine with a heat shield wrap over the foot or so that they travel an inch or so from the header.

I expect Mr. Baker will chime in with his comments as he turned the wrenches for this job. I sat in the bench racing chairs just outside the garage and chased tools.

My hats off to Chris Foley for a truely quality 914 product. beerchug.gif

And as always, my hats off to Martin Baker for his expertise. A true friend.

Honorable Mention goes to Alison Baker for lending me Martin for a few hours...
McMark
Sounds like a fun project. biggrin.gif

I can't wait to hear it in person. driving.gif
JPB
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beer.gif Pic prick!!!! Or, don't tease at all you nonpleaser!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 4 2006, 01:29 PM) *

Sounds like a fun project. biggrin.gif

I can't wait to hear it in person. driving.gif

You will brother... I will be down soon. In some ways it sounds like the six but not quite as evil. Hey are you going down to GAF? I am looking for a co-driver and someone to share expenses for the room? Martin may not go.
McMark
I'm on the fence, Rob. I'll let you know ASAP if I can make it. wink.gif
North Bay 914
This exhaust is a quality part, without doubt. The street version, which I installed on Rob's car has great sound, and not to loud. Makes the 4 cylinder engine sound very good. The fit is good, and not hard to install. Welds are beautiful, A+

We still have to install the heat exchanger, but in Sacramento, winter won't be here for couple of months...we have a little time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.