Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smallest tire?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
I really need a new spare tire. The one I've got is a 205/60. Its also petrified with age. The size eats up a lotta trunk space. There are a few manufacturors of 145 sr-15 tires that have close to the same diameter as my current 205/50 tires. I want to get one as a spare tire. Will it work on a 5.5 (i think) inch Fuchs? It isn't like I would be using the spare for more than emergency duty. In fact, I've never had to. But this isn't the 165/70 that the car came with, those are out there too, but I want smallest possible with about a 23.5 to 24 in diameter.
Aaron Cox
get a 911 space saver inflatable spare. then put that tire on whatever rim you want. buy a pump and you are done....

see my blog
JPB
I'm planning on getting new tires and a spare of the same kind. I'm gonna try to go from one place to another until they give me the spare for free, 5 for 4 deal!!! I mean Falkens or Kumho.....and beat their doors down!

beer.gif
jk76.914
I'm using a 135SR15. But it's on a 15 x 4.5 inch wheel. Does indeed take up less space...

Check with Coker Tire- www.coker.com

They'll tell you what the smallest tire you can fit on your 5.5 inch wheel is.
URY914
I used a 135/15 for years. Gave me about 2 more inches of space.
SGB
Great. Thanks all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.