Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EarthRace 2007(my next boat)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Photo's of what pulled into Ventura Harbor today. Stealthy 65' twin biodiesel trihull with a top speed of 55 mph. Built by an Aussie who will try to break the around the world speed record next year(now is 65 days). First Lemans....now this...whats next? Hey...anyone put a diesel in a 914? WTF.gif
JPB
Holly Buck Rogers Maximus Errectus Milenium Falkon Wave Cutting Biotch!!! Me likes the tacky biotch. A diesel in a 914 is possible and probable for performance. I read an article which talked about an aircraft twin diesel that was almost ready for open market. Talk about making the VW/airplane thing come back full circle again.

beer.gif Might be very retro.
Sparky
looks like they took a Bolger Power Sharpie design added outriggers and a diesel. Sweet! Wonder how many it sleeps...
dekman
Sleeps eight....crew for the record attempt will be four. Spoke with the guy that built it....designed it.......a regular guy almost a back yard built with a help from a lot of friends in New Zealand. Sold everything he owns and borrowed ~1 million to finish his dream. A" 914 kinda guy". aktion035.gif
Howard
I have got to get me one of these...
dinomium
I went on board when it was in Seattle, that thing is really kewl! It smelled like kiwi crew! It can sumbmerge 25 feet thru the waves. If it is near go see it! Check out the site, the skipper had lippo as a stunt for fuel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.