Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone using 16" 5 lug fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenschipper
Is anyone using 16" five lug Fuchs under standard fenders. What tire size and rim width will usually fit. Photos?
Aaron Cox
195's on 6"

smj
I have 16" Fuchs taken off an '86 Carrera, allegedly 16x6 up front and 16x7 in back. I've got Yokohama AVS ES100's mounted, 205/55ZR16 flavored.

The rear fenders had been rolled a bit, and that wasn't enough to clear the 225s the PO was running there. I haven't had the car back from the shop a week yet, but I'm still seeing some rubbing when braking and turning on the switchbacks up in the Berkeley hills. So, seems we really did need to take the spacers down a bit in front...

I haven't taken the wheels off to verify the sizes, but if the above is correct than the fronts have an offset/ET of 36mm, and the rears of 23mm. Here's a link that lists a lot of info on the factory wheels: http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html
brownaar
Bridgestone RE71 205/55ZR16 on 16X6. I'm thinking you have to use an early Fuchs, deeper offset I believe. Mine don't rub the fender, but do rub a little on the inner fenderwell with a really sharp turn-in.
Britain Smith
I am running 16" fuchs on my Turbo 912 project, I got a set of Falkin's in 205/40/16.

-Britain
Allan
I was running 16 x 6 with 205/55's all around on my /4 with just the rear fenders rolled in. Fit really well.

I would be running them now exept I thought my "new" /6 had a 5 lug conversion until I sent the check... sad.gif
Aaron Cox
ouch allan
dgw
From the other thread on tire pressure, mine has Dunlop D60 (whatever that is) on 7x16's. 205/55/16.
carreraguy
I'm running 6x16 front on 205/55 and 7x16 rear (944 Turbo Fuchs) on 225/50 (all Michelin SO-3's). No problems in the front at all but had to stretch the fenders a little in the rear for clearance. I'm pretty sure I could have even fit the 7's in front with no problem. You can see the left rear "stretch" in this pic.
brownaar
Oh yeah, pics.
brownaar
front and rear
thesey914
My 914 has 7x16 with 205/50/16 all round. Car is slightly more built now.
Rear Camber is not set so rear wheel looks iffy..
Rockaria
7X205/55 16 With slight rear fender roll on rear. 6s up front.

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.