Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jack stand hieght
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
thinking of building platforms to raise my jackstands 6 inches or so. figure to use 2x12x12 3 ply w 3 inch screws and put the jacks stands on them. anyone ever do something like this or am i about to crush my skull.
TimT
BTDT

just use a bit of extra care getting the car up or down

may have to alternate rainsing or lowering either end of the car
Joe Bob
Everyone needs an extra six inches...

Anytime you modify a jack or a stand, make sure you have friends or fail safe supports....people can die. Safety is a good thing.
URY914
I made some blocks out of 2x4 and 2 x 12's. 2x4's on thier sides and the 2x12's laid flat on the top and bottom. You can see them in pics on my blog.
ptravnic
I hear the lift in Lyndhurst goes up as high as your head... heh, heh, heh

How high are you trying to get your car? Might be good for putting it up for a few weeks for longer term projects. I like where you are going with this Richie...

-pt
J P Stein
When I was doing motor installs & what not, I calculated how much height I needed to get a fully dressed six under the rear bulkhead (no valance). 32 inches was my SWAG to get the motor & all the lifting gear under there.

I built 4 reinforced boxes with casters cause I hate jackstands. An old pic at full height. Another at partial height....boxes on their sides. The boxes are about 16 X 16 X 16. The casters aare about 5 inches high.
nycchef
[
I built 4 reinforced boxes with casters cause I hate jackstands. An old pic at full height. Another at partial height....boxes on their sides. The boxes are about 16 X 16 X 16. The casters aare about 5 inches high.
[/quote]

i like those. i can have my wife tow me around the neighborhhood. you should market them to club members. maybe get extra wide casters for a/x.
URY914
YO...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.