Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We have a winner!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
No comment ....................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=180022670893

The Cap'n, speechless .....................
Aaron Cox
ROFL
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 5 2006, 08:14 AM) *

No comment ....................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=180022670893

The Cap'n, speechless .....................

Man the only thing missing is the camo paint job and a gun rack... blink.gif
Dr. Roger
when i glimpsed the first pic my first thought was, "Oh, those are golf bags behind the seats. It's a pimp golf cart." LOL
Midtowner
Fugly! barf.gif
jsteele22

But it does look like it would be exhilirating to drive, wind in your face and all.
Howard
Harsh, guys, see the possibilities. Ya get a running 996 for 15K, put on big MF'n tires and make the dune buggy from hell. Think I'll bid. drunk.gif
tdgray
Don't show Z... he'll rattle can it black and drive it around. biggrin.gif
Toast
Click to view attachment
Engman
Hey seeing this ....

What has happened to Skline?

Anyone heard from him lately?

M
Brian Mifsud
His sense of proportion is excellent....

Click to view attachment

and I hear he's a great marksman too!!

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
Brian....

it hurts...im laughing so hard! LOL
Brian Mifsud
That guy scares the shit out of me.... and he probably has rank in Al Queda!!!

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 5 2006, 12:51 PM) *

im surprised we dont have him in our army! the dude can see around corners without turning his head!!! chairfall.gif

code name "chameleon"
see the resemblance?
IPB Image
grantsfo
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 5 2006, 09:56 AM) *

Harsh, guys, see the possibilities. Ya get a running 996 for 15K, put on big MF'n tires and make the dune buggy from hell. Think I'll bid. drunk.gif

Or thow a roll cage in it and head off to the track. ...and you never know if they will make another remake of Batman!
Brian Mifsud
Further comments on my part will only get me in deep shit with my wife and inlaws........ av-943.gif

Move on.. back to work....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 5 2006, 12:54 PM) *

Further comments on my part will only get me in deep shit with my wife and inlaws........ av-943.gif

Move on.. back to work....

oh who cares! (can your mother in law beat you up?)
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 5 2006, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 5 2006, 12:51 PM) *

im surprised we dont have him in our army! the dude can see around corners without turning his head!!! chairfall.gif

code name "chameleon"
see the resemblance?
IPB Image

Think that chameleon has opposable thumbs/toes on his legs.... give him four guns...
Aaron Cox
ROFL - twice as dangerous chairfall.gif

Camoflauging with his surroundings is just a bonus!
914-8
Corona is "no longer" safe?!?!?
Flat VW
The Capt'n has a sharp eye for EEEvil.

Please keep up your good work,

John wavey.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 5 2006, 12:37 PM) *

His sense of proportion is excellent....

agree.gif first thing I thought when I saw it is how amazing it was he made those wheels and tires appear to be 13s blink.gif At least with no roof you can blast the sanford and son theme while you are driving around so everybody "gets it"
smj
If I'm not mistaken, the "GT" emblem on the rear is from an 80's "bread loaf" Celica. Somehow, this seems right and proper...
JPB
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 5 2006, 12:56 PM) *

Howzer Wowzer's got himslf a vizin!!! I'm right there with ya bro and I can see something REALLY GREAT with this quazy butcher job.

beer.gif It's got potential OOOOOZZZing all over me family jewels. Would make an AWSOME retro Dick Tracy biotch with the big "P" on the hood!!!

Read through the whole thread and peed my skivies, way to funny!!! He's good on the other side since he sees two tagets from one.LOL
Howard
Would someone please pshop some flares and monster truck tires on that so I can get the feel?
JPB
I can see it now,"is thatern four wheel drive Porscher home skillet?" Its not a Porsche ya dimwhit it's a Pusche!!
Boojum
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

These two pictures are approximately the same scale, close enough to compare, but a little off for scientific purposes. Note that the 996 wheelbase is ~92 inches, Carrera GT is 107 inches. If the photos were from the same angle, it might be better yet.

I gotta say that whoever did this did better than most could have ever hoped to do. If the donor car was mid engined like the Carrera GT, he might have even came close. It looks all wrong, though. And it probably has about a metric ton of fiberglass and bondo holding it together.

He should have tried to do something all together different than anything else out there. It might have turned out cool, and it might have not looked like a Downs Synrome-esque, cheap looking imitation.
boxstr
I saw a completed one in Palm Desert. Silver, from three of four blocks away it looked almost like one, but there was something not right. I crossed the street and was able to see that a Boxster had met an unkind transformation.
CCL
Flat VW
It is the Chrysler Sebring rear end that just looks wrong to my eye, non sequitur.

John
MecGen
Hey Guys

I've been into kit cars for a long time. My biggest problem with them is the "proportioning" of most kits, It has a tendensy to make the car look very... bulgy. headbang.gif Even if I respect the quality of the work, looks like a lot of time went in it, still looks awkward. confused24.gif Kits and heavy body mods are usually add on stuff ...

That is why, IMHO, the Chalon has such a sweet body line. poke.gif

Thanx for the link
Later

beerchug.gif

jimtab

Howard, put the wine bottle down and back away...... WTF.gif
pfierb
Perfect car for Clark Griswold a match for his station wagon.
i love porsche
i think we officially have a new winner....by a longshot!
and does that look like a 901 trans to you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAND-BUILT-...1QQcmdZViewItem
jonwatts
That one came up for sale a few years ago (bigger pictures this time).

Quote from the Q&A section of the auction "it took the guy two years to build"... maybe he should have taken more time. biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 5 2006, 10:10 PM) *

Howard, put the wine bottle down and back away...... WTF.gif

He really just wants the hose. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.