Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else ever made this mistake?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob91403
I recently replaced my air filter, and switched the auxillary air hose with the fuel tank vent hose. It ran like crap. Smoked like crazy. I could only get 2500rpm and about 10mph. I cleaned the plugs, it ran better. I switched the hoses back, it ran better still. It still won't idle. But, I put in a new rotor and cap(signs of arcing) and it's running a little better. Gonna replace the plugs and wires tonight. Any thoughts on what else I can do to improve the situation? PS electronic ignition. confused24.gif
Qarl
Nope. You are the only bafoon to have done this.

Sorry... none of us will be able to offer any assistance.

confused24.gif

Just kidding... I have no idea?
PORobinSCHE
maybe the Manifold pressure sensor has gotten dirty inside from the 'reverse osmosis' you accidently tried?

just a swing in the dark.

Robin
tdgray
Check all wiring and vac lines.

You must have knocked something else off.

Look for cracks and leaks.

Report back
Bleyseng
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Sep 5 2006, 05:03 PM) *

maybe the Manifold pressure sensor has gotten dirty inside from the 'reverse osmosis' you accidently tried?

just a swing in the dark.

Robin

I have seen a few full on oily goo and they didn't work too well.
Michael J
I recently replaced my air filter, and switched the auxillary air hose with the fuel tank vent hose.

This shouldn't have made a difference. They both vent to or suck from the same air space. After the engine is warm the Aux Air Valve is closed and it really shouldn't make a difference how those two hoses are hooked up. I think you must have some other problem.

Beats me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.