Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oklahoma Roll call
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mrdezyne
I've seen several newbies online lately from Oklahoma, how many do we have running around total?
If I had a running teener I would suggest a state wide get together this fall but right now mine does not even roll. huh.gif

So if you are from the Sooner state chime in and say howdy.

popcorn[1].gif
okieflyr
Howdy! Norman is my home town, but I'm relocated outside of Philadelphia for about 12 years now. I used to hang out at Bob Dumonts' place years ago, and BRI as well. I was envious of the Tallahina drive awhile back, made me home sick.
Kevin

QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 5 2006, 05:08 PM) *

I've seen several newbies online lately from Oklahoma, how many do we have running around total?
If I had a running teener I would suggest a state wide get together this fall but right now mine does not even roll. huh.gif

So if you are from the Sooner state chime in and say howdy.

popcorn[1].gif

project-914
CENTRAL OKC!!! WERD UP!!!...I'm glad I found this thread...I'm 17 and my dad just bought me a $700 914 that runs (father son streetable racecar project...aww)...but it's pretty much a piece of sh1t...my actual car is a 2002 wrx...but this is teh new project which will be prepared for hallett by hopefully the next season...but who knows...right now it's tear down time and fix teh chassis up!...

let's hang out sometime!!! I'll be in teh suby though since the 914 is in shambles
GWN7
There is at least 9 more if you check the Frapper map of OK

http://www.frappr.com/914club/
jr91472
You guys make sure and check out the MUSR 8 nailed thread in the Garage. Ft Smith, AR in Oct is a short drive for you guys.

see you there.

JR
mrdezyne
YES! Another suby convert in OK! Hopefully you have some good contacts for fine tuning once I get mine on the ground again. The two of you in OKC need to get together and take a cruise up north to Tulsa. I have parts for ayama, and maybe some ideas for Project on his conversion. At least you can see how far along I am, or not...

I missed the last MUSR but if I can catch a ride in a teener with someone this year I'll be there.... oh, that is if it does not fall on the same week/weekend as SEMA in Vegas. Headed down there to check out a couple other Suby conversions and maybe that trick retractable wing.
project-914
yeah supermoose from rs25.com is hooking me up with a complete JDM ej20t with wiring harness and ecu for 1650 shipped! w00t!!!...I need to get a welder this weekend and start practicing for te big build...hey did you do the renegade kit? or fab your own?...I am leaning towards renegade to save me trouble haha...I also need to align door panels and the hood and trunk...this car is a junker I mean gosh!...I was going to shim a few things so they fit better but we'll see...also, I got some good universal weatherstripping pieces to save money...all I need now is the front window seal that runs along the top and sides and the ones that go on the triangle windows...becuase there's no way a universal piece will fit...also is there a way you can just repair the old seals with like rubber goo that dries?...mine would still work they are just kinda torn...
MBowman325
I'll be running up to Tulsa for a few hours some weekend in September to visit a friend and work on her computer. Haven't decided yet if I'll take the 914 or something with a radio... It's a long trip to make without some tunes, not that I could hear them on the way there anyways.

Not sure why I'd complain about that, I did pick the car up in LA and drive it through AZ and NM and part of Texas.... burnout.gif

I bet gas is lookin pretty cheap up there right about now too!
mrdezyne
There are a couple other guys in Owasso that have teeners and Brian at RennSport has a few and runs one at Hallet.

Gas is on the steady decline here, today it dropped below the $2.40 mark! Send me an IM when you are headed up, I need a ride to get motivated to finish mine!
javadog
Well, I spend a lot more of my time on the Pelican 911 board, as you might guess from my post count on this board, but I lurk here occasionally to gather information for a car I am working on. I have two 914s; a '71 six, and a '74 four that will end up as a track/autocross car.

JR
MBowman325
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 6 2006, 08:27 PM) *

There are a couple other guys in Owasso that have teeners and Brian at RennSport has a few and runs one at Hallet.

Gas is on the steady decline here, today it dropped below the $2.40 mark! Send me an IM when you are headed up, I need a ride to get motivated to finish mine!

Be careful, a little inspiration can be dangerous. drunk.gif

Be happy to provide a ride/motovation for you though! I tend to just goto Waggoner, but we also normally run up to Tulsa for a few hours too.

A station of less than stellar reputation has 87 Oct for 2.299/gal. United (supermarket) has it for 2.399/gal, which is typically the cheapest of the mainstream/repudable stations.

(Checked MPG, and with some City and a trip to Hurst, my 914 just got 26.88. Need to backdate the exhaust.)
project-914
does anyone do autobody media blasting in OKC?...come to think of it I don't feel like sanding down the whole car smile.gif
So.Cal.914
I flew over OK once, does that count? smile.gif
project-914
damn, I thought you had some media blasting info...haha, it only counts if you have a car here...and can go to meets...unless it doesn't run...like mine hehe
poorsha73
I just joined the forum today, although I've owned my 914 for almost 10 years.
I live just outside Shawnee, OK. beerchug.gif
project-914
damn that's like 4-5 people...we need to HANG OUTTT!!!

werd...
brant
Hey fellas...

I'm coming to hallet in about a month..
anyone want to come out to hallet and see some vintage racing?

brant
project-914
sure, I think I'm going...my suby friend blake runs a classic car (maybe an MG, not sure) there as well as his suby...also a 914 guy with a saab turbo swap named mike also goes...met him last time, I'm thinking about going up if it's on a weekend of if I'm not working on my 914...
brant
I'll be running on 10/7 and 10/8

CVAR
project-914
a friend of mine is renting the track with me for 10/6 I think...which is pretty cool...if any of you out of town guys get there in that early evening then I'll chec it out!...I am still not FOR SURE, but it's likely...look for a red/gold suby wrx!
brant
QUOTE(project-914 @ Sep 13 2006, 04:40 PM) *

a friend of mine is renting the track with me for 10/6 I think...which is pretty cool...if any of you out of town guys get there in that early evening then I'll chec it out!...I am still not FOR SURE, but it's likely...look for a red/gold suby wrx!

I think CVAR has the track reserved for 10/6 according to their website...?
could be wrong though
project-914
yeah I don't think that's what it is...it's actually Monday 10/9...assuming we have enough people...I hope I see you either way! or just a 914!
brant
well come on out....
and look for the orange car with the race number: "914"
we should be there running and dicing.

brant
keebler117
Howdy Ya'll !! New member to 914club and new owner of a '73 914/4 2.0

Shawn Lively
Enterprise, OK 74462

I just bought my first 1973 914/4 2.0, 1 owner, always garaged, and Documented!
I have been looking for a club in my area that deals with the 914, but with no luck, and I dont want to join the PCA. Looking for more of a HomeGrown club.

If anyone wants to talk shop, feel free to contact me anytime. I only live 30 min. South of Muskogee and 60 min. West of Ft. Smith AR.

Any good Tracks or Courses in this area to take my baby to? Dont like to drive her too much on the highway, (Or at least the way I want to drive her)...

Count me in! beer3.gif

Shawn Lively aka Keebler Kahnn
(918)-391-2458 CELL
(918)-799-5272 HOME after 5:30 pm and Weekends.

www.LLFunBuggy.com welder.gif
mrdezyne
QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 14 2006, 08:53 AM) *

I just bought my first 1973 914/4 2.0, 1 owner, always garaged, and Documented!
I have been looking for a club in my area that deals with the 914, but with no luck, and I dont want to join the PCA. Looking for more of a HomeGrown club.

Any good Tracks or Courses in this area to take my baby to? Dont like to drive her too much on the highway, (Or at least the way I want to drive her)...

Count me in! beer3.gif

www.LLFunBuggy.com welder.gif

Shawn,
Sounds like you scored a sweet machine there, have you posted pics of it yet in the members rides thread? I have attended a couple PCA events and I'm with you, I tend to enjoy more of a local flavor than a national group. That being said, the local PCA chapter is very active and sets up some great autocross events in Miami and at the fair grounds in Tulsa I believe. Brian at RennSport has several 914's in his possesion and his wife runs one at Hallet. driving-girl.gif

You need to check into the SCCA chapters in OKC and Tulsa (whichever is closer for you). I know the OKC group has regular events and a large following. The Tulsa group had over 100 cars at the last event but usually have problems finding venues to hold their events so they are sparatic and few. Both have websites online with calendars of events if you search for them. type.gif

And again WELCOME!!! beerchug.gif

Brant,
I'm marking my calendar to make a trip out to Hallet to see you run. I'll be a newlywed returning from Maui the weekend before, but hopefully I can talk the new wifey into coming out with me.

This might be a good 1st meeting for any other local 914 guys/girls to get together. Do a search for Hallet to get directions, its midway between Tulsa and Stillwater on the toll road. If you are interested in a group meeting lets decide on Sunday or Saturday.

keebler117
I will post some pics tonight, providing my DSL is working... I work for the local Telephone Company and my Internet is sporadic at best...LOL... (I'm just the Mechanic)

Keeb~
brant
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 14 2006, 01:41 PM) *

Brant,
I'm marking my calendar to make a trip out to Hallet to see you run. I'll be a newlywed returning from Maui the weekend before, but hopefully I can talk the new wifey into coming out with me.

This might be a good 1st meeting for any other local 914 guys/girls to get together. Do a search for Hallet to get directions, its midway between Tulsa and Stillwater on the toll road. If you are interested in a group meeting lets decide on Sunday or Saturday.

I think it would be awesome!
I have shade
my above link for CVAR has a link on that page to the track if anyone needs
I'd recommend you come sunday, because its usually much more exciting.

I haven't seen the event schedule yet.. but typically the events are mostly practice on saturday with 1 race...

and on sunday its only 1 practice, with 2 races.

would love to meet all that make it out.
brant
keebler117

Shawn,
Sounds like you scored a sweet machine there, have you posted pics of it yet in the members rides thread? I have attended a couple PCA events and I'm with you, I tend to enjoy more of a local flavor than a national group. That being said, the local PCA chapter is very active and sets up some great autocross events in Miami and at the fair grounds in Tulsa I believe. Brian at RennSport has several 914's in his possesion and his wife runs one at Hallet. driving-girl.gif

Here are some photos of the 914.... This car is gonna drive me Crazy! Looking for sites all about it, parts (Just in case) and local orginizations...Etc... etc... I have found a new obsession, (Besides my wife).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thumb3d.gif
Kahnn~

PS... I forgot to mention... I DID NOT INSTALL THE CD PLAYER, the guys Son that I got it from did that. Nothing I can do about it right now, however I am on the lookout for an original Blaupunkt Radio for it, will use a hideaway CD Changer later...

Also..

Be sure to post dates and times... Hard for me to get off work on Monday, but my weekends are WIDE Open... beerchug.gif

And to Whom May be interested... This Saturday (16th) there is a Car Show in PORUM, OK. (Porum Outlaw Days) Going to be a nice show, burnout contest, prizes..etc...etc... Everyone is Welcome to come. Exit 278 @ Warner on I-40, South 7 Miles... you'll run right itno it.... I'll be showing my 'teener... My employer is Sponsoring my entry, so I'll have ZTV Decals plastered all over her, might look cool... wavey.gif
project-914
wow that's hott...and really nice...tonight I took out my dash pad and it's cracked to shit...speaking of crack...the guy who wired the dash last was ON crack...or something!...I have a meeting with teh bodyshop in a week and a half and I want it torn down pretty much all the way...and then after it's fixed and what not I am getting it beadblasted and sealed ready to get MODDED!!!...time to fab up all my crap and fix the broken stuff with a welder, peace
mrdezyne
QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 14 2006, 04:49 PM) *

however I am on the lookout for an original Blaupunkt Radio for it, will use a hideaway CD Changer later...

Be sure to post dates and times... Hard for me to get off work on Monday, but my weekends are WIDE Open...

Shawn,
Three items...

1. I have that original Blaupunkt you are looking for. Not sure if it works but if you just want it so the dash looks original, I'm your hook up. The radio and the surround are sitting in my back room right now. mueba.gif

2. From Brants advice it looks like we will make the meeting on the Sunday the 8th of October. We can pick a spot to meet in Tulsa and all drive out together if you like. driving.gif

3. I also have a years jump start on you for searching the web. I have a crap load of 914 photos and items of interest along with a file of favorite web sites that I would be happy to burn to CD if your are interested. However, by far, this site has THE MOST knowledge and information anywhere on the web. Good people always happy to help out. thumb3d.gif

Ok, on more item.... DAMN THAT TEENER LOOKS CLEAN! GREAT SCORE!
keebler117
8th of October? Count me in!! Look forward to meetin' Ya'll !! Just name the place and time ... i'll be there.... driving.gif
(I'll try to get my wife to take the day off work as well)...

PM me a price for that radio and cd Bro... Got me all stirred up now... piratenanner.gif

Keeb~
project-914
werd for the 8th...I will be in my suby though...but you guys will like it hehe...I am going to have it all ready for the 9th at Hallett (if it happens) also, I want a ride in a 914...I've never actually ridden in one haha...because as you can see mine it a total junker...(which I hope to fix)
mrdezyne
KAAAAHN!
I was thinking a little trade action. The radio and CD for some tube bending time. And the 8th is on a SUNDAY, do you both work then?

Project,
I'll take a ride in the SUBY. I'm working on a 2.5 conversion and need a reference.
keebler117
My wife works on the weekends.. I don't. I have Bankers hours 8-5 M-F....

As far as Tube bending.... not a problem. I need to fabricate a Harness bar that can bolt in and unbolt not damaging the car anyway. Do you already have the tube? If not, I have a source close by that carries all sizes and Material grades...

Kahnn~
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 12 2006, 11:18 PM) *

Hey fellas...

I'm coming to hallet in about a month..
anyone want to come out to hallet and see some vintage racing?

brant

Brant,

I'll try to make it out on Sunday. I'd like to meet you and get a good look at your car up close! I know you have made a lot of modifications that we can all learn from.

Let us know what your schedule is like.

And as JR said, all of you guys need to attend the MUSR8 in Fort Smith. It's an opportunity to meet a lot of teener owners in our area as well as seeing some incredible 914s. Not to mention some fun driving, eating, drinking, etc. Check out the info in the nailed section above the forum.

Hope to see all of you at Hallet.

maxwelj
Keep us posted on what time to be there. It'll be great to see some 914's for a change.
brant
I've sent my registration fee in and talked with the event people.

I haven't actually seen the schedule of events for the day and typically don't receive one until arriving.

but here is how it often looks:

8am-ish drivers meeting
9am-ish start practices

(my group could be anywhere from group 1 through group 7)

10-11am ish would be race 1

and after a lunch break there would be a feature race anywhere from 1pm to 3pm.

so my best guess is to assume that I would run in the morning around 10am

can't wait to meet a bunch of you guys in person.
I have shade, and some spare chairs.
I usually have snacks, soda, and water.

brant
project-914
yo, if I go, not only will you get a ride in the car, but I will rip the throttle and pwn some corners for you and tell you a bunch of crap that will maybe help you out!!!
keebler117
Hey Ya'll

Ya'll need to check out OUR new website... it is FINISHED and Ready to GO!!! piratenanner.gif
.. I need everyones input on this... All opions accepted ...

Thanks,
Keeb~

http://www.Oklahoma914Club.port5.com

IPB Image welcome.png
project-914
sweet...any swap meets coming up near us?...also, who gets on AIM

IM me at jDturbobooty

now you guys post your names so we can easily contact each other for help biggrin.gif
keebler117
QUOTE(project-914 @ Sep 17 2006, 08:42 PM) *

sweet...any swap meets coming up near us?...also, who gets on AIM

IM me at jDturbobooty

now you guys post your names so we can easily contact each other for help biggrin.gif

Check my Calander on the website. There is a BIG swap meet in Pryor on October 7th...Includes a car show and Several other events... Also has Darrell Starbird as a Guest... It gonna be HUGE!

Main website: http://www.Oklahoma914Club.port5.com

Be sure to click the Link for Events or Calander... All the info is there. piratenanner.gif

Later,
Shawn Lively
keebler117
QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 18 2006, 09:58 AM) *

Check my Calander on the website. There is a BIG swap meet in Pryor on October 7th...Includes a car show and Several other events... Also has Darrell Starbird as a Guest... It gonna be HUGE!

Main website: http://www.Oklahoma914Club.port5.com

Be sure to click the Link for Events or Calander... All the info is there. piratenanner.gif

Later,
Shawn Lively

here is a Direct link to the Event.... has more detail about it too....

http://www.maip.com/expo.htm
Shawn~
A&PGirl
Hi, I'm in the Tulsa area with my roller and my dad also has a roller in the Tulsa area.
mrdezyne
A&P girl,
Any chance of meeting up with us on the 8th of Oct to go out to Hallet for the afternoon? AND WELCOME! Thanks for chiming in for your first post!

I have a feeling the teeners will start coming out of the woodwork around here now that we have a local contact venue.
keebler117
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 18 2006, 11:47 AM) *

A&P girl,
Any chance of meeting up with us on the 8th of Oct to go out to Hallet for the afternoon? AND WELCOME! Thanks for chiming in for your first post!

I have a feeling the teeners will start coming out of the woodwork around here now that we have a local contact venue.

welcome.png A&P Girl... smile.gif

We need to set a definate place and time to meet for the trip to Hallet... Maybe like the corner of 71st & Memorial, South side of Woodland Hills Mall parking lot ??7:00-8:00 am?

Anyone can post on our Calander,where everybody can get on the same page... Would Love to see a Huge Caravan of Teens lined up on the highway Cruisin' to Hallet... Would be a show in itself!

Shawn~
http://www.Oklahoma914club.port5.com

beer.gif
keebler117
Check this out...
Events Forum 914world.com

Shawn~
http://www.Oklahoma914club.port5.com

IPB Image
mrdezyne
For those coming up from OKC it might be easier to meet on the west side of town since we will be heading that direction anyway. Plus, I know of a good scenic road we can take on the way out. There is a Mexicali Border Cafe just off of the highway as you come into Tulsa from OKC. Take the South 49th West Ave exit as the maps show and we can meet in the parking lot to the side of the resturant.

Its about a 45 minute drive from Tulsa and according to Brant things won't get kicking till 10-11 so I suggest meeting from 9 to 9:30am and then head over from there. That would also give a chance for stragelers to catch us. I have maps below and will start another thread for this topic specifically... Sound good?
mrdezyne
Meet at Mexicali? At the arrow, easy to get to from I-44 east or south..
mrdezyne
Red dot pin points Mexicali...
mrdezyne
Circle marks the resturant and the arrow shows where we can park and meet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.