Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dim Low Beams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SandyI
Now on my 3rd different set of headlights since purchasing my '75 914/3.2 last December. When I first got the car, the low beams were dim but once I turned on my fog lights too, the combo provided plenty of light. High beams were fine on their own.

When the front GT flares went on, the original front bumper and fog lights came off. I put on a pair of used H4 headlights that had come with the car when I purchaed it. But they performed as the other lights did -- dim low beams, excellent high beams.

In May, I "upgraded" to new lights from Performance Products. The low beams were better than before, throw an almost adequate amount of light, but they look dim and yellowish. But excellent high beams.

I don't need headlights to land a 747 by like my wife's Prius, why can't my lights be as bright as the H4's I'm running on my '69 911E? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
McMark
Sounds like a ground problem to me. Clean the grounds behind the headlights. Have you ever confirmed that the three-wire plug that connects to the headlight is wired correctly? I see those put back wrong all the time and it'll make your headlights work weird.
jk76.914
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 5 2006, 09:08 PM) *

Sounds like a ground problem to me. Clean the grounds behind the headlights. Have you ever confirmed that the three-wire plug that connects to the headlight is wired correctly? I see those put back wrong all the time and it'll make your headlights work weird.

agree.gif I had two wires reversed on the bulbs, and the lows were dim and yellowish. Also, though the highs were brighter, they didn't go up aim-wise, compared to the lows- just got brighter. The highs should be focused higher, then dip when you go to low.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.