Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BRM Wheels on 914/4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dryheat914
Has anyone seen the VW(Mooneyes) BRM 4 lug wheels on a 914?, I love the way they look and from having VW's in the past. I'm not sure of the offset and if they will work, Flat Four VW BRM

Please let me know what you guys think, If you have a picture of a 914 with these wheels on it, I would love to see it.
blink.gif
Thanks
Chris
ChrisReale
4 by 130 is the proper bolt pattern. You want about 5" of back spacing
Brad Roberts
Chris,

I think you are onto something. I have thought about these wheels on a 914 since they released a 4 lug version back a few years ago.

Maybe one of our graphic guru's can help us out and show us what they would look like on a 914. I know I'm curious.

B
Elliot_Cannon
Those are nice looking wheels. But can you mount 205s on them?
Cheers, Elliot
Mark Henry
They are 15"X 5.5", I don't know what the backspacing is.

I like this one better! wink.gif

http://66.216.94.142/product.asp?0=293&1=296&3=740
Demick
Web page says that the offset is +15mm, which translates to a backspace of 94mm assuming this is a 5.5" wide wheel.
Rivieras generally have a 100mm backspace
914 Fuchs have a 120mm backspace
most older 911 wheels have a 125mm backspace.

So this wheel is not what you want for your stock fendered 914. The wheel will be positioned about 1 inch further out than a stock wheel. This would limit you to about 175 width tires with stock fenders.

Demick
Pnambic
I used Ury's cause it was one of the most recent additions to the Member's pics string. Plus it looks pretty damn cool!

A quick job....what do you think?
dryheat914
Pnambic....
I like it!!!!!
Demick has me concerned though.....I hate to buy a set and not be able to use them....
I could use 175's but would rather go widerand keep them under the stock fenders..
I've got lots of time before car is done......I will keep thinking about it..
Thanks
Mark Henry
Find out if a local VW shop has a set and go measure them.
maf914
I think you're going to have offset (or backspace) problems. I think most of the VW Type 1 wheels have similar offsets which will be a problem for the 914 rear fenders. Definately measure, or borrow a wheel and tire from someone for a test fit.

Mike
dryheat914
I will look around.........hope someone will lend me one..
to try when I'm ready
Johns914
My 1972 has BRM Flat Fours on it. They look excellent however the Drivers rear was a major pain to fit under the fender. I think this was due to some previous accident damage (in the 70s). I was only able to get a 195 on there after some serious fender pulling.
Chris H.
We might have a record for thread bump....10 years and almost 9 months!

Post a pic of the car John! Love those wheels. beerchug.gif
Johns914
Yeah it is a very long term Bump. I was looking to see if anyone else had put them another 914.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.