Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another stock 6 FS on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2405819749&rd=1

This car looks very nice and the price reflects it I sure wish I could afford it.
J P Stein
No "funky hands" on this "sweat" car?

Gimme a break.

My funky backyard hands have been all over my car, and it don't sweat......sounds like this one has some kinda glandular disorder. blink.gif
Red-Beard
It's a very nice un-molested (except for the hood emblem) 1971 914/6.

And, after looking at the VIN number, it was 3rd to last 1971 914/6, which means it may very well be the last 914/6 imported into the USA for regular sale!

This car has concourse potential!

James
Brad Roberts
The guy lives in Carmel... he has the bank to take care of the car. Carmel is where all the really stupid wealthy Bay Area people move to when they are done making money.. LOL.

One day I will move there.

B
vortrex
it always amazes me to see people with a lot of money who cannot spell things like "sweet", "vinyl", and "intact".

nice car though...
Alfred
Did the early 914/4s come with 14" wheels too?

Alfred
Dave_Darling
Nope. The early 914-4s came with 4.5x15 steel wheels, with 5.5x15 as an option (steel or Pedrini aluminum ones). The 914-6 came with 5.5x15 steelies, 5.5x15 Mahle "gasburners", 5.5x15 Fuchs, or 5.5x14 Fuchs.

--DD
Porsche Rescue
OK guys, time for some CW trivia. I mailed the seller for more info. and he said one of us 914 types told him the rear bumper was from a four because of the late style rounded license indent. I disagree. I own or have owned the following: '70-4 with squared off "early" bumper; '70- 6 with with squared "early" bumper; '71-4 with rounded "late" bumper. I am pretty sure all the rear bumpers are original and am absolutely sure the '71 is original. I believe what is commonly called the "six" bumper is in fact the bumper common to all '70 model 914's. I also believe the rear bumper was changed in '71 on all models. It is only because the '71 sixes (433 according to B. Johnson) are so rare that we think all sixes should have "early bumper". Anyone else want to exercise their fingers on this topic of great importance to the future of mankind?
Dave_Darling
All of the 70s got the rear bumper with the beveled cutout. Four- and six-cylinder cars both. I believe that the 71 Sixes did as well, but I am much less certain on that. All of the 72s, both the fours and those couple-dozen Sixes, got the round-edged cutout.

--DD
olav
This car was for sale at a local "exotic" car dealer in San Jose last summer.
I can't remember the dealer but they are on Bascom between Hamilton and Lincoln.

They were asking $19,500.00 or something for it.

As far as I can remember the car was repainted, I don't know if that is the correct bumper for it and the front hood emblem were the only things that I can recall that stuck out as different/negatives.

Looking under the car it was very clean.
The trunks were clean and I can't remember the battery tray so it must have been fine.
Interior was perfect too. Also, the rubber seals looked great.

Oh, It had the thick rear view mirror, I don't know if that is correc for a '71 either.

Overall it was a very good example of a stock 914-6.

If the mechanicals like clutch and engine and tranny are all in good shape and everything works the asking price is pretty reasonable because you wouldn't have to do anything to the car. Just clean it for car shows.

If you wanted to drive it you would need to put a 3.2 in it, and ...

wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
Ok Olav, now I need to know what a "thick" mirror is.
I know about "early" door mirrors with the squared off arm and slightly smaller glass compared to the "late" mirror which had a more rounded bend and larger glass, but "thick"? Again, another question critical to the future of the world!
mskala
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 3 2003, 01:30 PM)
All of the 70s got the rear bumper with the beveled cutout. Four- and six-cylinder cars both. I believe that the 71 Sixes did as well, --DD

I know somebody who has had a '71 6-cyl since new, and would not be
replacing things incorrectly. I just found one of my pics of the rear
of the car, and it has the rounded (late) bumper. So not all, and
probably none, of the '71 6-cyl cars had the square bumper. Like
someone said, it was not specific to the model, just the year.
Mark S.
'70 914-6 (square) cool.gif
olav
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Mar 3 2003, 10:50 AM)
Ok Olav, now I need to know what a "thick" mirror is.
I know about "early" door mirrors with the squared off arm and slightly smaller glass compared to the "late" mirror which had a more rounded bend and larger glass, but "thick"? Again, another question critical to the future of the world!

The "thick" rear view mirror. Did I mention it was the rear view mirror? I could have neglected that detail.

Anyway, I was talking about the rear view mirror only and later on the mirrors got bigger. I said thick, but wider is maybe a better way to describe it.

Sorry for the confusion.
J P Stein
According to this book I have, the 71 6ers got the rounded bumper.......Sheesh, CWs....go figure.
Brad Roberts
<<< Square on Muellers 6 (number 206 from 1970)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.