Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about a dash light.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stuie
On the gauge with the fuel there is a red light on my car which stays on. I think it's the emergency brake light since my brake is broken but, can anyone verify it for me? Looks like there might be two on the top of the gauge but it's the top left.

Thanks a million!
Stuie
Twystd1
Bump for da new guy.

Clayton
Lou W
According to Tech Tips 700 by George A. Hussey, IV:

"The red warning light above the fuel gauge signals either the emergency brake handle is engaged, or the hydraulic braking system has lost pressure. The loss of pressure can also be indicated with a constant clicking of the turn signal switch at your left knee, under the dash. Bleeding the brakes again or resetting the master cylinder switch usually clears the problem."

I hope that helps. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lou W @ Sep 6 2006, 08:47 PM) *

"The red warning light above the fuel gauge signals either the emergency brake handle is engaged, or the hydraulic braking system has lost pressure. The loss of pressure can also be indicated with a constant clicking of the turn signal switch at your left knee, under the dash. Bleeding the brakes again or resetting the master cylinder switch usually clears the problem."

agree.gif with George "Dr. 914" Hussey ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Stuie
Thanks Lou!

While I was fixing my fuel leak yesterday at the plastic fuel line, I noticed my passenger rear rotor was rusty while jacking up the car. I am assuming that the brake is not engaging on that wheel, and the line does leak on that wheel (bought a replacement line already, just not installed yet).

Sound familiar to anyone or does that seem like it could cause the light to stay on?
Stuie
Oh yea, Hey Clayton... Thanks for the bump!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Stuie @ Sep 6 2006, 09:05 PM) *

Sound familiar to anyone or does that seem like it could cause the light to stay on?

yepp, loss of pressure in the system will engage the switch on the master cylinder which will turn on the light ...

gotta fix your brake system and bleed the hell out of it. then bleed some more. then, when you think you're really done now, gotta bleed some more, then reset the MC switch ...

smile.gif Andy
Twystd1
This assumes that you DO have the master cylinder with a re-set button.

You can pull off your front splash plate and look.

If i remember it's only 4 bolts to remove the plate. (maybe 6)

Clayton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.