Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arizona RRC2006 Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Hey Arizona Gang! Join the 914 caravan from Flagstaff to Moab, Utah!

The caravan leaves Flagstaff Friday morning (9/22) at 6:00 a.m.
Why 6 a.m.? 'Cuz MapBlast says it's 6 hours from Flagstaff to Moab and the first event (a drive) is at 2 p.m. Utah time. This should put us into Moab by 1 p.m. Utah time. Yeah, we'll probably do better than that, but since the first event is a drive it will be good to have a little time out of the seat before we take off again. Besides, you need time to meet and BS with everyone!

Where to meet?
Figure on meeting at my house 4891 E. Half Moon Dr. We can meet elsewhere, like the Flagstaff Mall or one of the hotels, but I like the idea of having my neighbors wonder what's going on and I'm right on the way out Hwy 89. If you prefer otherwise, let me know - I'm flexible biggrin.gif

Where to stay?
Stay where you like, but if you want to stay on the East end of town the closest motels are:
Days Inn East - 3601 E. Lockett Rd. 928-527-1477
Hampton Inn - 3501 E. Lockett Rd. 928-526-1885
Super 8 - 3725 N. Kasper Dr. 928-526-0818
If you stay at one of these it's not far back to your hotel if you have to run back for something that stayed behind laugh.gif

So who's in? It was fun last year with only 2 cars. It will be a blast this year with more!
itsaporsche914
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 6 2006, 08:30 PM) *

Hey Arizona Gang! Join the 914 caravan from Flagstaff to Moab, Utah!

The caravan leaves Flagstaff Friday morning (9/22) at 6:00 a.m.
Why 6 a.m.? 'Cuz MapBlast says it's 6 hours from Flagstaff to Moab and the first event (a drive) is at 2 p.m. Utah time. This should put us into Moab by 1 p.m. Utah time. Yeah, we'll probably do better than that, but since the first event is a drive it will be good to have a little time out of the seat before we take off again. Besides, you need time to meet and BS with everyone!

Where to meet?
Figure on meeting at my house 4891 E. Half Moon Dr. We can meet elsewhere, like the Flagstaff Mall or one of the hotels, but I like the idea of having my neighbors wonder what's going on and I'm right on the way out Hwy 89. If you prefer otherwise, let me know - I'm flexible biggrin.gif

Where to stay?
Stay where you like, but if you want to stay on the East end of town the closest motels are:
Days Inn East - 3601 E. Lockett Rd. 928-527-1477
Hampton Inn - 3501 E. Lockett Rd. 928-526-1885
Super 8 - 3725 N. Kasper Dr. 928-526-0818
If you stay at one of these it's not far back to your hotel if you have to run back for something that stayed behind laugh.gif

So who's in? It was fun last year with only 2 cars. It will be a blast this year with more!

hey ernie, that sounds like fun. im almost ready to actually drive the car more than around my block. driving.gif im shooting for the rock springs breakfast though. as for the car, its now parked in my drive way looking like a real car thats ready to drive at any moment. have fun biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 6 2006, 08:30 PM) *

dry.gif

Idontevenknowhayourtawkinbout.....

biggrin.gif
ThinAir
So, Mike... are you in? What are you driving? I've lost track of your car's status. Will you have it back and ready to drive north in less than 16 days?
Toast
Hey, how about the Az. caravan meet up with the Nv/So.Cal. caravan?

Let's say we meet in...............................................Moab!!

I crack myself up. chairfall.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 6 2006, 08:54 PM) *

Hey, how about the Az. caravan meet up with the Nv/So.Cal. caravan?

Let's say we meet in...............................................Moab!!

I crack myself up. chairfall.gif

Hopefully this year there'll be no need to consider meeting up in Richfield! av-943.gif
Toast
rolleyes.gif

Idontevenknowhayourtawkinbout.....
MoveQik
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 6 2006, 08:50 PM) *

So, Mike... are you in? What are you driving? I've lost track of your car's status. Will you have it back and ready to drive north in less than 16 days?

It'll be done. hands.gif
VegasRacer
Rock 'n' Roll. piratenanner.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
AZ914
I'm down with the sickness... (Ernie, that means I'm IN).

Hopefully it will be more than just you and I! I think WILD6 was going from PHX, maybe 914EV, hopefully MW914.

Also, thanks for the hotel list!
ThinAir
Got it, Jason - the more the merrier! Hey, where's everyone else?
AZ914
Ernie,

As far as AZ people on the sign up list (that I recognize), I only see

ThinAir914
AZ914
MW914
WILD6

There may be others that I'm not familiar with. Too bad the rest of the PHX crowd can't make it.
SharonG
Happy Birthday Ernie!
birthday2.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif
MoveQik
I regret to announce that I won't be rollin up with my peeps from the AZ. I'm going to have to fly up to Joe's place on Wednesday before RRC and goof around with the car for a few days and go to Moab from there. While I am obviously jacked that my car will be done I am bummed that we can't roll up with all 4 or 5 of us and smack down the SoCal and CO. crews.

So Jason - Get your oil cooler stuff worked out
Ernie - Get your....nevermind, your car runs fine.
Waide - Get your wife to give you a kitchen pass for the weekend
Andy - Try to let the other guys keep up

And I'll see all y'all in Moab.
Flat VW
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
AZ914
MW.. bummer.. but hey, you will have your 3.2 rollin' in..

FLATVW.. are you going to Flag on Thursday or driving straight up?

beerchug.gif
Flat VW
I remain unsure at this time, Jason. wacko.gif

John wavey.gif

P.S. More to follow as plans here develop. idea.gif
ThinAir
I finally heard from Wild 6 - he's not sure about the caravan yet. Seems his car developed a little suspension problem at a recent track event and he's scrambling to get it fixed in time. I told him that if he let us know ahead of time that he was coming, we'd be sure that we wouldn't leave without him.
ThinAir
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Sep 13 2006, 04:11 PM) *

John wavey.gif

Now John, you know we won't take no for an answer!
Wild 6
Hi Guys,
As Ernie told you, last weekend at PIR I developed a crack in right trailing arm suspension ear. It is too bad to drive it without fixing it first - right rear wheel rubs against the inner fender well under load. The car is scheduled to go into the welding shop on Monday for other (unrelated) work. I'm going to see if the shop can concentrate on the suspension ear instead.

I may go just to hang out even if the car is not ready.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Sep 13 2006, 08:05 PM) *

I may go just to hang out even if the car is not ready.

please do. half the attendees last year were without 914's
Flat VW
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 13 2006, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Sep 13 2006, 04:11 PM) *

John wavey.gif

Now John, you know we won't take no for an answer!

Let me clarify, here, Ernie.

Laurie and I ARE attending the RRC 06, I just am still unsure if we will travel in the car-a-van, yet, or not.

John wavey.gif
AZ914
Andy,

Sorry to hear about the car. Hopefully you will have it fixed in time. I'm doing some last minute scrambling myself to get mine in order. I'll be going regardless.
ThinAir
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Sep 14 2006, 06:52 AM) *

Laurie and I ARE attending the RRC 06, I just am still unsure if we will travel in the car-a-van, yet, or not.

Good to hear, John - but we still won't take no for an answer with out some friendly harrassment! biggrin.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 14 2006, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Sep 14 2006, 06:52 AM) *

Good to hear, John - but we still won't take no for an answer with out some friendly harrassment! biggrin.gif

Graciously received and kindly given.

I love traveling across Indian Country.

It will be a lovely drive even in the cotton pickin' Lincoln. headbang.gif

John wavey.gif

Wild 6
Ernie,
PM me your phone number. I'm coming up on Thursday evening. I'll be staying at the Super 8 on Kasper Dr. I'll call you if I'm delayed for any reason.
ThinAir
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Sep 18 2006, 11:04 AM) *

Ernie,
PM me your phone number. I'm coming up on Thursday evening. I'll be staying at the Super 8 on Kasper Dr. I'll call you if I'm delayed for any reason.

PM sent before I saw this. Glad to hear you'll be joining us!
Wild 6
Thanks Ernie, I got the PM.

Does anyone want to get together and drunk.gif on Thursday evening?
AZ914
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Sep 18 2006, 11:15 AM) *

beer3.gif YES! beer3.gif

When are you leaving PHX? I was hoping to get thru PHX before rush hour. If around 4p, perhaps we can meet on the north side somewhere (I-17 & Bell or similar?). Nice to have some backup if something goes wrong.

Ernie, I think we will stay at the Hampton Inn that you mentioned earlier.

I'll PM you guys my cell #.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Sep 18 2006, 11:15 AM) *

Thanks Ernie, I got the PM.

I recommend Beaver Street Brewery in Flagstaff. Pool tables, good food and plenty of drunk.gif

Damn I wish I was heading up there with you guys.
Wild 6
Jason,
Stay at the Super 8. It's much less expensive than the Hampton Inn ($67 vs $107).

Thanks for the recommendation Mike. I wish you were heading up with us too.
AZ914
Andy,

Yes, I just called the Hampton and they are up to $129 or something.

Needless to say, I am now booked at the Super 8! See you Thursday.
ThinAir
I'm glad to see this is coming together. I concur with the recommendation for Beaver Street Brewery on Thursday. Unfortunately I've got a church council meeting at 6:00 pm and I don't imagine I'll be done before 9 so I doubt that I'll make it down there. Of course the church is right on the back property line of the Super 8 so if you see the yellow 914 over there you can just drop in!
ThinAir
We're outa here! driving.gif boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.