OK, I know this sounds dumb, but my foglights are not coming on and I cannot figure out why.

Background:
I backdated my bumpers from the '76 to the '73 style. The '73 foglights only have 1 wire going inside of them and then the bolt that mounts them to the chassis is the ground, right? I have "wired" a ground to ensure the ground is good and even see a spark when I attach the ground with the switch on. I also checked the fuses and everything looks good there. The fog switch lights up when you pull it out. I dissassembled the foglights, cleaned everything, verified the bulbs were not burned out (at least the filament is intact). When I pull the foglight switch, I also hear a "click" under the hood, either near the brake fluid reservoir or the headlight motor, not sure which one.

So, any ideas? My old foglights had three connections when I removed them. Foglight #1 simply plugged right into the wiring harness. Foglight #2 also plugged into the wiring harness, but also had a seperate wire that plugged into the ground "cluster" behind the drivers headlight.

One last note, the PO confoigured the fogs to turn on even when the headlights are off.

Thanks for any ideas,
Jason