Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Bonnet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
The annual ORPAC "big deal". Something for everyone, from CWs to AXers......Sunday there's a track day, driver training (haven't a clue, but I could use some), and AX.
Fri & Sat are for the whine & cheese crowd.

Maybe we can get Hurley Haywood to do the AX smile.gif ....bucks to bagels he's gud at it.
ChrisReale
Shit, I need to get the engine back in then. Track day......do you neeed a cage? AX......Im game
Weather......I suppose they call it Rainbonnet for a reason
Porsche Rescue
JP is always in a hurry. It is not next weekend. Track activity is Sunday, Nov. 9. Chris, you have an extra week. JP, stay home next Sunday and work on your car (or mow the lawn).
Chris, go to ORPCA.com for details and registration form. Not sure if you need to register in advance or not. Whole weekend including 3 meals is $135. Track only is $100 and autocross is $25. If you're going to do both may as well buy the full ticket. Track is all day Sunday, AX pm only.
J P Stein
Hay......we just came off daylight time....spring forward a week, right? confused24.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Aw shoot! If my 914 wasn't leaking oil I'd be there!! I just finished aligning the headlights so they don't scrape metal and touch the body, grinded away many patches of rust and primered them w/etching grey primer, and found a well-bondo'd right front fender that has RUST HOLES in it that needs metal welded in headbang.gif God-damn cheap previous owners...
rhodyguy
if the parts arrive, if i get it put back together, if fordals has an opening, i might be game. if it's not raining.

kevin
"too many ifs, not enough buts"
Bruce Allert
I gots me ap in & will be at the AX rain(bonnet) or shine!
I pulled the trunk springs out today to put in the struts I got from Craig at the last swap meet. Pretty easy when you use a pipe wrench to take the tension off beer.gif
T'was an easier job than anticipated after all the horror stories I've heard.
Craig, I ain't forgotten ya. Dem struts & set up along with the directions are great! smilie_pokal.gif
bruce
boxstr
JP go ahead start without us if you want, next weekend. I rad where Hurley is giving rides in a Porsche from the dealer, probably a Cayenne. Cost s a couple bucks.
Rainbonnet was very sunny and warm last Nov. 9th, hopefully this year will be the same.
Bruce glad that the shox worked well for you, show them to me on the 9th.
CCLINRAINBONNETTOWN
Air_Cooled_Nut
...or how about posting a picture of these struts, mounted of course. I'm intrigued.
Bruce Allert
Here's a pic Toby. Got mine from Craig &, with his instructions, they're easy. The hard part (but not that hard) is gettin' rid of the trunk springs.
bruce
Air_Cooled_Nut
Hey, nice! I did the same for the front hood on my Jetta (no springs but I removed the hood prop). I'll install these and paint my bumpers to match the body color and I'll have a 'modern' looking car laugh.gif
JmuRiz
Bruce,
I thought you were supposed to cut some of the body and mount the forward-most strutmount on the hinge itself. How did you get yours to work w/o cutting the body?
Craig, do you suggest this method over the cutting method?
Thanks, I'm going to get crackin on installing mine soon and I want to best looking/working solution, thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 27 2003, 11:11 AM)
How did you get yours to work w/o cutting the body?
Craig, do you suggest this method over the cutting method?

he mounted his further back, onto the hood, not the hinge.

Andy
Bruce Allert
Nathan, I'm embarrassed idea.gif I used another pic & didn't even notice that it was mounted differently. You are right about having to cut the body to allow the shock to sit right and the ones I got from Craig DO mount on the trunk hinge. Sorry for leading all astray blink.gif
bruce
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 27 2003, 11:54 AM)
: I used another pic & didn't even notice that it was mounted differently.

Lazzzzy asssss!
Bruce Allert
bootyshake.gif laugh.gif
JmuRiz
Ehhh, I should have noticed the car in the pic was yellow and not orange...maybe I'm the one not paying attention to the small details. idea.gif
boxstr
Okay Bruce now you have to take a pic of the Orange car , we don't think you really installed the rear trunk shox.
The kits that I have been selling are with the pivot that mounts onto the hinge, and yes you need to cut as per instructions. It is not hard to do, I feel it is the better method. I have tried the method that is illustrated in the BRUCE ALLERT wanna be pic. and it for some reason loosens and needs to be retorqued on a regular basis. I have the pivots, if someone feels they need them I will send them.
CCLINRODCHILD
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 27 2003, 04:34 PM)
Okay Bruce now you have to take a pic of the Orange car , we don't think you really installed the rear trunk shox.
I have tried the method that is illustrated in the BRUCE ALLERT wanna be pic. CCLINRODCHILD

With egg on face
I hearby replace
The pic I was a lazy ass for. bootyshake.gif

I did install
Shox with pivot ball
So here's Punkins ass to prove it lol3.gif

bruce wavey.gif
ChrisReale
Nice install Bruce. My rear lid always stays up for a second or two, and as soon as I take my eyes off it, it clunks me on the head wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.