Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billet Hubs Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdogg
Question for everyone that has installed the famous Billet Hubs on their cars...I finally got around to installing mine last night, and everything went smooth as can be, until I went to finish it up and put the dust caps back on, they're too loose! Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you solve it? Modify your caps? Buy new caps? Use a different type of cap? Duct tape?
john rogers
I had probably the first set sold and they did the same thing. To fix the issue I cleaned the caps very well and used a small punch to make some dimples towards the inside of the cap. I also peened some places near the outer edge of the center where the cap fits over and then they went on a bit harder and so far have not come loose.
jdogg
Thanks, John! Great suggestion. I had considered putting some slices down the sides and welding them back up to make a smaller diameter opening, but I like your idea much better!
By peening the outer edge, I assume you mean that you built up a small lip via gentle and judicious BFH blows?
Good deal, I'm ready to roll again! smash.gif rocking nana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.