Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 914 Bodykit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenT
Is this still a 914? The owner says it's got a 74 Porsche Trans. Gose to tell you... Ya can build anythin' in Alibamer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
McMark
Literally laughing out loud at that one. NIIIIIICE! Can I buy it? I need to pick up some hot chicks and I want to impress. The welding on those exhaust pipes is top notch. Peoples just gotta be different.

I wonder if that thing even gets enough air at WOT. That backwards supercharger scoop makes a nice low pressure area at the intake. rolleyes.gif

The CV/Universal joint axle are a nice touch. Aint gonna break those. And speaking of brakes, are those stockrear calipers I see? ohmy.gif I'll put money down that it's got stock fronts as well.

And is that a mercedes emblem on the front? blink.gif

Exactly how many side mirrors do you need? lol2.gif
BenT
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 8 2006, 01:32 AM) *

Literally laughing out loud at that one. NIIIIIICE! Can I buy it? I need to pick up some hot chicks and I want to impress. The welding on those exhaust pipes is top notch. Peoples just gotta be different.

I wonder if that thing even gets enough air at WOT. That backwards supercharger scoop makes a nice low pressure area at the intake. rolleyes.gif

The CV/Universal joint axle are a nice touch. Aint gonna break those. And speaking of brakes, are those stockrear calipers I see? ohmy.gif I'll put money down that it's got stock fronts as well.

And is that a mercedes emblem on the front? blink.gif

Your wish is my command. pray.gif Here's the link to the Epay auction:

http://tinyurl.com/ks5dp

BenT
pfierb
It's amazing how much time and effort is spent making ugly things or maybe that thing was made for Ringling Bros. After a second look I think Oscar Meyer might be interested could be a bidding war.
BenT
QUOTE(pfierb @ Sep 8 2006, 02:59 AM) *

It's amazing how much time and effort is spent making ugly things or maybe that thing was made for Ringling Bros. After a second look I think Oscar Meyer might be interested could be a bidding war.

Paul,

jsharp.gif Did you notice this thing has something in common with every car you own (on your signature line)?

73 914 2.0 = transaxle
97 mercedesC-280 = front grill and emblem
2001 VW New Beetle = taillights

Wow! You can almost build your own. There is a Renegade Hybrid V8 install kkit on Ebay at the moment... idea.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

There are 17 bidders, there is a sucker born every min. this time times 17.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

slap.gif Dave
pfierb
[quote name='BenT' date='Sep 8 2006, 06:20 AM' post='766641']
[quote name='pfierb' post='766640' date='Sep 8 2006, 02:59 AM']
[/quote]

Paul,

jsharp.gif Did you notice this thing has something in common with every car you own (on your signature line)?

73 914 2.0 = transaxle
97 mercedesC-280 = front grill and emblem
2001 VW New Beetle = taillights

Wow! You can almost build your own. There is a Renegade Hybrid V8 install kkit on Ebay at the moment... idea.gif
[/quot

You think that I really like it but am afraid to say? never thought of it that way.
subliminal sp?
URY914
That's a movie car from Death Race 2000, right?

Unsafe At ANY Speed driving.gif
aircooledboy
You guys don't get out to the fair circuit much do you?

The car is clearly inspired by the little fiberglass cars on the kiddie car/motorcycle-go-rounds. That looks exactly like the one my youngest daughter was obsessed with at the fair we went to last weekend. Even the color is a perfect match. av-943.gif
URY914
Why does the engine sit so high and at an angle?
gopack
3 words and three words only:

OH MY GOD!
MoveQik
I love the description...."would be awesome painted yellow" av-943.gif
Stuie
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 8 2006, 08:44 AM) *

That's a movie car from Death Race 2000, right?

Unsafe At ANY Speed driving.gif

I was gonna say Mad Max 4 contender but, Death Race is more fitting! Good call!
tdgray
OMG I think I just peed my pants. av-943.gif
grantsfo
I'm loving the interior

IPB Image

And the fron shot really is nice?

IPB Image

Funnier yet are the questions and comments on ebay! biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
ah...eh...er...uhm... confused24.gif
BenT
You guys all just better shut your mouth. I'm the builder. ar15.gif

burnout.gif OK, I'm kiddin'

BenT
bob91403
He could have made it much more reasonable by putting in openings, like the lotus elise, rather than those silly scoops front and back. The rest of the body styling is not too bad. The guy's an artist. But, I think he was too much inspired by those wacky bubblegum card MAD hotrod pictures. You know the ones, with the four foot stick shifts and the monsters driving .
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 8 2006, 11:48 AM) *

You know the ones, with the four foot stick shifts and the monsters driving .

those are Ed "Big-daddy" Ratfink cartoons.....

kinda a hotrod legend....
bob91403
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 8 2006, 11:51 AM) *

That it! It looks like a RATFINK. Thanks Aaron, you're too young to remember those. I guess his art has become classic.
wbergtho
I don't know what all you guys are laughing about. I think it has some real sexy lines. I'll be bidding on it...and have the last laugh! av-943.gif What an abomination!
brant
I think we should start a pool and all go together to buy this thing.
we could take turns having the coolest car on the block.

in fact I say that we let Z have the very first week!

Brett W
Makes me ashamed to be from AL. What a dumb ass. Maybe I should go see the car just to beat the shit out of the owner.
messix
all i can say is OHH MY F'ING GOD! that has got to be the worst! was it built in the phillipines or were ever they build those busses and trucks and taxi's that are so god d-mn gaudy.
sk8kat1
good lord .. that is the most god awful thing I have seen in a while! and there are 24 people bidding on it!!...and the reserve has not been met yet!!

barf.gif

lotus_65
speachless...

too...

busy...

laughing!
byndbad914
for those of you up on your South Park, I immediately thought of the episode with the parents that had butts for faces and Cartman can't laugh. It was just so funny, nothing will ever be that funny ever again...

this car takes the cake, and I am ruined forever.
JPB
sad.gif Poor 914. We all need to recognise that poor little heart underneath all that CRAP! Poor 914 sad.gif

sad.gif Its so sad. I can't be amused or ridicule and I need to remind all who want to modify their cars. Just look at the mentality that goes on with the modification people. POOR 914! sad.gif
wbergtho
Should we bid this collection of shit up over 10K and then sit back and watch some poor bastard proudly drive it home? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the new owner comes to meet his new junk pile with gleaming eyes an all!
TROJANMAN
THE VEHICLE WOULD BE AWSOME PAINTED YELLOW

av-943.gif
BenT
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 8 2006, 12:11 PM) *

all i can say is OHH MY F'ING GOD! that has got to be the worst! was it built in the phillipines or were ever they build those busses and trucks and taxi's that are so god d-mn gaudy.

OK, maybe the MB emblem. I'm in the Philippines a half dozen times a year. I am ashamed to admit that there are cars out there that look like this. But then like Alabama, they have some very nice ones too. They have H1 copies built on Toyota 4wd chassis & lots nice Jeeps too. I am not talking Jeepneys. Pick-up a Jeep magazine. You'll find lots of top quality stainless steel bodies made in the Philippines. I've had custom body panels for my rare VW's handmade there out of flat sheet galvanized steel. Stretching a 914 body for flares could be done there for about $200 ready for paint. Labor is cheaper than Bondo so little or none is used.

I'll bet I can get this thing replicated for you pretty cheap. Just send me your 914. I'll give you back one of these in return. happy11.gif I get to keep what's left of your 914.

BenT

Boojum
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 8 2006, 07:37 PM) *

THE VEHICLE WOULD BE AWSOME PAINTED YELLOW

av-943.gif

I think it might actually look pretty good in a mauvey shade of pinky russet.
914-8
Amazing!

It's the Homer Simpson designed car come to life!

1) Front grill stolen from a high line car.
2) Hood scoop
3) Stuff on the roof
4) Plexiglass drivers' pod
5) Another plexi pod behind the driver
6) Same rear spoiler
7) Green
8) Same styling "details"

IPB Image
IPB Image
Scott Carlberg
someone

anyone

find the person RESPONSIBLE

for THAT

and

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif him.

OH MY GAWD is right!
pfierb
Check out the questions for the seller and his answers,on e-bay,especially the racing transaxles bit.Funny, the guy sure has the gift of BS.....Must be a used car dealer.
JPB
Can we all pool some cash together to make him a tragic MULTIPLE Mexican sheeplove.gif victim?

beer.gif Someone needs to pay here!
BenT
I'm telling you guys, Alabama is the cradle of fresh automotive designs. Check this dual canopy job. And yes, it is for sale. You can view the auction for a while at:

http://tinyurl.com/h5fnb

BenT
dflesburg
[QUOTE]Makes me ashamed to be from AL. What a dumb ass. [QUOTE]

That's classic.

And people give me shit cause I painted my car myself. I should buy this and park it next to mine... Like hitting the bars with your ugliest bud so you look good.

mudfoot76
chairfall.gif

It makes Santa's reindeers and the baby Jesus cry

39 bids!! Alabama must have more meth addicts than I thought smoke.gif
bd1308
LOL

at least it takes the focus from KY.
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and people think that only Eye-talyuns can do one-off coachwork! Hah, look out Turn, Pininfarina, Giugiaro, etc, Alabama Coachwerks will rise and take its proper place in the pantheon of revered coachbuilders. chairfall.gif
Lou W
Ok, who bought it? $7,500.00 laugh.gif
BenT
QUOTE(Lou W @ Sep 13 2006, 12:38 PM) *

Ok, who bought it? $7,500.00 laugh.gif

Don't look at me. I'm begging at the street corner for money to fix my 914's. I know whre I can get old oak barrels for $15 for use on my own AL body kit. Stay tuned.

smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
PanelBilly
The builder lives in Huntsville. That explains everything. The town is filled with rocket engineers. My father (no longer with us) used to be one of them. These guys can build ANYTHING they dream up and they make crazy stuff all the time.
fat73
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 8 2006, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 8 2006, 11:51 AM) *

That it! It looks like a RATFINK. Thanks Aaron, you're too young to remember those. I guess his art has become classic.

This is almost as ridiculous at the 50k Ferrari Dana turned us on to. I'd love to have some of what this guy was smoking. What a hoot. Love the grill, and the "detail" work on the engine bay and exhausts. Gotta give it to 'em though, it takes imagination to put something like this together. Not an overnight project for sure....but IT IS UGLY.

ed aka fat73 and a few jacks away from W9R1
fat73
QUOTE(914-8 @ Sep 8 2006, 09:49 PM) *

Amazing!

It's the Homer Simpson designed car come to life!

1) Front grill stolen from a high line car.
2) Hood scoop
3) Stuff on the roof
4) Plexiglass drivers' pod
5) Another plexi pod behind the driver
6) Same rear spoiler
7) Green
8) Same styling "details"

IPB Image
IPB Image

THATS IT! ALL IT NEEDS IS THE HORN.
fat73
hopefully this guy's push rod tubes have been tied so he doesn't create any more of these. biggrin.gif
alpha434
Hey, JERKS! I'm the winner! It's a fantastic piece of art and I'm going to park it in front of my house on the street!
fat73
QUOTE(tdgray @ Sep 8 2006, 07:21 AM) *

OMG I think I just peed my pants. av-943.gif

NICE MATS TOO! Think I run over to the flea market and see if I can find some of those.
fat73
QUOTE(BenT @ Sep 8 2006, 12:22 AM) *

Is this still a 914? The owner says it's got a 74 Porsche Trans. Gose to tell you... Ya can build anythin' in Alibamer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

WAIT A MINUTE!!! IS that .....countem....2 mirrors I see? I guess that's useful if the door flys up, then you'll still have one mounted to the fender. And Dana, looks like he's got kind of a modification of your air brake. I'm sorry, my car has a body kit, but this cracks me up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.