Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Recirc Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
1975 2.0

The Motor is down and I might forget to re-install the Air Recirculation pump...But what do you do with the nozzles going into the cylinders and do they just screw out...I'm trying to remove the tin for repainting etc...???

Any suggestions ???
maf914
The openings can be closed in several ways:

1. Remove head and weld closed. Remachine surfaces.

2. Remove nozzle and plug with threaded plug or bolt.

3. Remove nozzle and weld or braze nozzle closed, then reinstall.

2. Leave nozzle in place and screw threaded pipe cap over threads.

Probably more but these I remember.

Mike
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Oct 27 2003, 06:35 AM)
Any suggestions ???

if you use a method involving threaded fasteners, make sure you do something that will positively keep them in place; there are many stories of threaded plugs loosening themselves with unhappy results.
Brad Roberts
Look for a post by CurvieRoadlover. He did a very thorough job of describing how to plug the injectors in the heads (good pics and details about what to purchase).

The post was way back at the beginning of this year.

B
SirAndy
easiest way:

leave nozzles AND hose, just plug the end of the hose (with a bolt for example).
make sure you use clamps on both ends so they're tight.

Andy
2-OH!
Ok...I will leave the injectors but don't they have to come off to remove the tin...Then re-install going back up...I assume they are threaded but they look flimsy to twist as the wrenching flats are some 2 or 3 inches away from the head (threads)...
RustyWa
Yep, you have to remove them to get the tin off. Mine came off without a problem. Soak them with some good WD-40 (hehe, that ought to wake up a few people).

Like Brad said, check out that thread. I pulled them out completely and used the socket head cap screws on mine.
Curvie Roadlover
Thread's right here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.